What happens to season tickets?

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I think showing CPR the door probably helps retain season ticket holders. This year, with new seating and the excitement around the SEZ, we had record numbers. I think if Rhoads was still here, many would drop heading in to next year.

Does the energy and curiosity around a new coach help keep folks buying season tickets? We will most likely keep our four tickets, but probably would have either way.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Depends on who is hired.

I think we'll see an increase in sales when Les Miles comes to Ames :jimlad:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They'll probably go up a bit.

My parents are probably not renewing though.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It's all about the press conference...except it never is about the press conference. Buzz words for buzz peddlers. "he looked everyone in the eye", "laid out a plan", "said all the right things"...whoop-de-freaking-do.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
They'll probably go up a bit.

My parents are probably not renewing though.

Good to hear. Was that after you told them who the next coach would be? You know, that position coach from a PF school?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Good to hear. Was that after you told them who the next coach would be? You know, that position coach from a PF school?

Nothing sparks excitement and moving up in the college football ranks than the running back coach from Ohio State!

I'll be on board with the new guy when he gets hired. Even if he is the running back coach from Ohio State. :)

My parents were probably a no either way next year.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I think it will stay about the same. It's not like the ticket sales were terrible this year, people were still excited about the stadium upgrades and all that. I just don't see a big bump coming like there was with the last two hires. They won't be able to lure/afford anyone with the kind of resume hype that Chizik had and Rhoads walked into a situation that anybody showing a hint of passion was a needed breathe of fresh air.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think they are down. No Iowa game at Jack Trice, so in addition to UNI, we'll get San Jose St, Tech, Baylor, OU, Kansas St, and WV.

I'd rather have the home B12 games we did this year too.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If you dont think Pollard and the AD will spin whoever the new hire is and find a way to increase season tickets, you dont get just how persuasive our AD can be.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think they are down. No Iowa game at Jack Trice, so in addition to UNI, we'll get San Jose St, Tech, Baylor, OU, Kansas St, and WV.

I'd rather have the home B12 games we did this year too.

I agree. There was lots and lots of talk last year about people not renewing tickets, but we sold more than ever, even with the addition of more expensive seats in the endzone. Maybe people would have not renewed if we retained CPR, but I don't believe it based on previous years. And it is hard to imagine a new coach being a sexy enough hire to make much of a difference on ticket sales. A great hire will more likely result in ticket sales remaining strong.

I think the schedule is a bigger factor. No Iowa. No Texas. No Kansas. Probably not going to sell a lot of season tickets for that San Jose State game. Not a good year for people to buy season tickets with the intention of selling most of them.

And many would rather have surgery than go to another K-State game.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm looking forward to buying again in 2016 after skipping 2015

Unless you are a big donor, you picked a bad year to skip. The rest of us grabbed all the good cheap seats in the new endzone corners.