What happened

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
I went on YouTube this morning trying to find senior night presentation, I couldn't. But, senior nights of past came up, which led me to highlight reels from the past.
Of course, what I saw was great players doing great things..... but here's what else I saw.
I saw "mediocre players" doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing! I saw FIVE ISU players blocking out. I saw FIVE ISU players moving TOWARD the basket when the other team shot, not away. I saw FIVE ISU players moving on offense, cutting, weaving, back dooring.
I saw FIVE ISU players practicing fundamentals they started learning in elementary school.
What happened..........

CycloneJL

Jun 14, 2010
Cedar Falls
I went on YouTube this morning trying to find senior night presentation, I couldn't. But, senior nights of past came up, which led me to highlight reels from the past.
Of course, what I saw was great players doing great things..... but here's what else I saw.
I saw "mediocre players" doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing! I saw FIVE ISU players blocking out. I saw FIVE ISU players moving TOWARD the basket when the other team shot, not away. I saw FIVE ISU players moving on offense, cutting, weaving, back dooring.
I saw FIVE ISU players practicing fundamentals they started learning in elementary school.
What happened..........

Did you just wake up from a months long nap?

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
Did you just wake up from a months long nap?
I am aware that all the answers are Prohm....... but people responsible for Prohm and the program helped let it go this far. I have problems with him never changing ANYTHING, but we also lost sight if simple fundamentals.......I mean basketball for dummies. Prohm HAS to be aware of that!

Reactions: cyatheart

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
....... but people responsible for Prohm and the program helped let it go this far.
[/QUOTE]
So..... you want JP fired now??
Just stop!

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
....... but people responsible for Prohm and the program helped let it go this far.
So..... you want JP fired now??
Just stop!
[/QUOTE]
I didn't say a word about firing anyone. I am not even convinced firing Prohm is a solution, way beyond my understanding.
I just think there is a systemic problem that needs to be addressed.
Some of those reels were of Solomon as a younger player, the change is dramatic. Of course, I have always believed he was an incredible role player, and the weight of his role this year is not his forte. But his aggression, intensity, and attention to the fundamentals was much better five years ago.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I didn't say a word about firing anyone. I am not even convinced firing Prohm is a solution, way beyond my understanding.
I just think there is a systemic problem that needs to be addressed.
Some of those reels were of Solomon as a younger player, the change is dramatic. Of course, I have always believed he was an incredible role player, and the weight of his role this year is not his forte. But his aggression, intensity, and attention to the fundamentals was much better five years ago.

Dude, that isn't systematic outside of the basketball program. It isn't like Prohm's bad coaching right now is effecting the football teams effort or the volleyball teams morale. The problem with the basketball team begins and ends with the leader of that program itself.

Reactions: cyatheart

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I caught the second half of the Melvin ejim game the other night and felt really sad once it was done. Totally different feel

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
What happened..........

There were tribute videos before the game and videos of family for senior introductions, but nothing after the game (not the usual framed jersey presentations like at the WBB senior day).

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There were tribute videos before the game and videos of family for senior introductions, but nothing after the game (not the usual framed jersey presentations like at the WBB senior day).
I saw Coleman Lands carrying one during a break in the game on tv. I figured they got them before the game.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
I am watching the 2017 Big 12 Tourney Championship game and it's all so sad and bittersweet.

How we went from the quality of basketball to what we are doing now is sad......seeing a large crowd enjoying basketball and booing officials...urgh

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
The answer is obvious so I won’t reiterate it. But the good news is, Its college basketball, a program can be turned around very quickly if we make the right coaching hire.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
We hired a coat tail rider who hadn't ever built a program, spent 1 minute on a p6 bench or recruited north of the Ohio river. It was just a bad fit, he was in over his head from day 1. Thanks to all the talent Fred left him, he was able to hide it for a few years but eventually it caught up with him. This league is no joke, you play over half of your conference games against hall of fame caliber coaches, it's as tough as it gets. Very hard for an up and coming type of coach to get traction and have success.

ISU4NH

Aug 9, 2020
So, how many more games do we have with this guy? That's how disengaged I am.