What happened to Wayne Morgan?

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Does anybody know where he's at now? Did he find a new coaching job yet?

I'm glad he's gone and I think Pollard made the right decision, but man I do feel for the guy. He really was a calming influence on the program after the Eustachy fiasco.

Boy the guy could recruit, but his coaching style was way too laid back for the Cyclone nation, especially after coming off of control freaks Floyd and Eustachy.

I miss the Johny Orr days. That guy had such a fun personality and he could win some big games once in a while. I liked Floyd a lot too. Eustachy was good at times, but one time at a golf outing, he about bit my head off for saying hi to him. Obviously he'd had a bad day and had a few too many drinks, but this fan never forgot how big an !@# hole he was.

Greg McDermott could be really good. I like the fact he's an Iowa guy who wants to stay in the state. I live in Waterloo and I can tell you he has a sterling reputation up here. He knows how the game is played and put a winning program together in a place that really isn't a basketball Mecca(Hilton Coliseum is of course Mecca!).

Last edited:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'm curious about where he ended up as well. He sounded like a great guy, but it was clear that he just wasn't going to get our program where we want it to be.

MrApathy

Aug 7, 2006
the defense we had under him was great except that last year.

he got a nice check on the way out dont think he is in any hurry to line a new job up.

kuney1

Mar 20, 2006
I think Morgan was also in the midst of building a millon dollar home when he was let go as well.

LE from stories I've heard had several bad days and long nights.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
That reminds me, I swear he sat a table over from me early September at the Cheesecake Factory down in DM. I got a good look at him as I left, and I'm almost certain it was him. Almost chilling.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
He a cool guy. He should be sitting pretty well with the buyout. Just kick back and relax.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm pretty sure it's McCarney who has a house north of Ames, and that Morgan lived in Des Moines. My husband went to McCarney's house once for his old job, and it was north of town.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
LOL He's always wanted to be a blackjack dealer and being head coach at ISU afforded him that opportunity.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
I'm pretty sure it's McCarney who has a house north of Ames, and that Morgan lived in Des Moines. My husband went to McCarney's house once for his old job, and it was north of town.

Yeah, Mac's house is out North of town in that subdivision close to McFarland park.

Wayne did build a pretty nice house here in Ames as well. Not sure of the locale though.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Wayne did build a pretty nice house here in Ames as well. Not sure of the locale though.

Ah - wasn't aware that he'd moved to town! Nice houses don't pay for themselves... I wonder if he had a nice enough severance package to pay for it?? That would truly make the whole thing awful for him.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
Ah - wasn't aware that he'd moved to town! Nice houses don't pay for themselves... I wonder if he had a nice enough severance package to pay for it?? That would truly make the whole thing awful for him.

Yeah, I doubt he'll stay around, but I suppose, you build a nice house, you just as well spend some time in it. His buyout was quite nice if I remember right. But, if you're in that profession, it just comes with the territory so it's not as big of a deal I wouldn't think.

Is Stacy Eustachey still around? If not, I know she stayed around for quite some time with the boys.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Wayne still owns a house north of Ames.
It's got an assessed value of $882,500 (2006 assessment).
I won't provide the address, but anyone who knows how to use an assessors website can find this information.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Morgans house is pretty nice, I delivered supplies there during construction. Good luck selling that one when he moves.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Already found GMac's new crib in Ames on the assessor's site. Very nice, but "only" assessed at about $500,000.

Not finding Wayne's though, at least not in the Story County's assessor.