What donor level to get 5 seats together?

FishingClone

Jan 18, 2016
Hiawatha, Iowa
We would like to get season tickets for MBB. Problem is that we have 3 kids, so we need 5 tickets. Balcony is fine (we have never been downstairs). What donor level do you guys think it would take to make this happen or is it just simply not going to happen? If push came to shove we could go 2 and 3 nearby, if possible. Just curious if anyone had a thought. Thanks and go Clones this week against you know who.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think it would be hard. I'm not sure that the donation amount matters, but you'd need 5 to give up their seats. I'd call the ticket office.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We would like to get season tickets for MBB. Problem is that we have 3 kids, so we need 5 tickets. Balcony is fine (we have never been downstairs). What donor level do you guys think it would take to make this happen or is it just simply not going to happen? If push came to shove we could go 2 and 3 nearby, if possible. Just curious if anyone had a thought. Thanks and go Clones this week against you know who.

I have no idea but seeing you are in Hiawatha let me know if you are looking to sell any of them at any time.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I would guess you could maybe get 3 and 2 and if they are crappy this year, hope to get those closer down the line.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
$5000+ and even then I'm still not sure it would happen. We got tickets for the first time in a long time last year and don't have any together. 1&1 back to back and another 2 like 10 seats apart. They should really shuffle around some seats to open up more pairs.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Are you a current donor? If not, you may need to find one. If there are open seats (and there probably will be a few more this year than for the last few), they will go on sale to current donors in order of donation level. Two years ago, only a few of us got to add season tickets, and I was at the Captains level that year.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
We were fortunate to get 4 tickets together for the first time last year with a Captain's donation and about 40 years of season football tickets so it isn't impossible but you will probably have to sit in the corners until you can move up.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Right now I don't think anyone can add more than 4 at a time so you won't be able to do it all at once. Remember you can only have 4 tickets per donation amount amount. By the way I got my chance to move my tickets around on Tuesday and there is definitely more tickets available than there has been in recent years.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Right now I don't think anyone can add more than 4 at a time so you won't be able to do it all at once. Remember you can only have 4 tickets per donation amount amount. So if you want to own 5 tickets at a certain donor level you will need to donate atleast double that level. By the way I got my chance to move my tickets around on Tuesday and there is definitely more tickets available than there has been in recent years.

I don't think I heard anything about the opportunity to move around this year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm not positive about basketball, but for football you need to donate 25% more for each ticket above four for the level you want. Cardinal of $500 would mean 625 to get five.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Right now I don't think anyone can add more than 4 at a time so you won't be able to do it all at once. By the way I got my chance to move my tickets around on Tuesday and there is definitely more tickets available than there has been in recent years.

What donor level are you at? I donate 3k so if you're under that then they haven't gotten to you yet. I moved seats from row 17 to 14 so not a big change but that's the first time I've had the opportunity to move any of my seats down.

• Useful
Reactions: Cycsk

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
We have had 5 together for the last 6 years. We called the ticket office with me and my buddy on the phone. He did 3 and I did 2 next to each other. That was when attendance wasn't where it is today though. Our seats are also 239 top row. No complaints though.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I don't remember getting any info about that either. Just an email yesterday asking us to confirm our mailing address for tickets.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
www.facebook.com
I don't remember getting any info about that either. Just an email yesterday asking us to confirm our mailing address for tickets.

I got the same e-mail but, didn't see a confirm link in it. I took it to mean "if your address is correct, you don't need to do anything" Was I wrong??

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think it would be hard. I'm not sure that the donation amount matters, but you'd need 5 to give up their seats. I'd call the ticket office.

This is the deal.
We're minimal donors, had 12 together, 7 now.

The trick is that people would have to give up seats, but those 5 might be open.
Give the ticket office a call and see what they can do. They'll certainly try to get it done if it's possible.

• Agree
Reactions: DarkStar

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I got the same e-mail but, didn't see a confirm link in it. I took it to mean "if your address is correct, you don't need to do anything" Was I wrong??

You have it right. We go a similar one for volleyball and I had to read it carefully to see that if the address is right, there's nothing to do. Kind of odd, because isn't address on orders and Cyclone Club donations anyway? How many people change their address and don't tell the ticket office?

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98