What do you want to know about Campbell's last five years.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I was very lucky as a coach to spend time with the staff and feel like I can shed some light on the man and staff you guys hired. Note: I am totally behind these guys and feel blessed that my son spent five years with them.

Reactions: Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Does he want to coach Ohio State?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
My only slight concern is how he will deal with adversity. He seems to have a good plan to set things up here. But if things go wrong at any point will he be flexible and willing to change things? Or will be be stubborn?

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
From an Xs and Os perspective and a personality standpoint, what do you feel are Coach's biggest strengths and weaknesses?

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
What's your take on Campbell bringing a good chunk of his staff over? Some were hoping he'd bring bigger name coordinators.

This staff will hit the floor running just like they did recruiting. The staff knows the plan and how to communicate it to the players. I would of been shocked and WORRIED for Campbell if he didn't bring along the guys he did.

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011
Won't want to shake things up in his first season. Smoke on the Water.

2361762.jpg

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I can't speak for him on that, but as an Ohio guy I hope so. I do know Urban pursued him to be their OC but toledo offered head coach position. I would go to allot of games if he did end up at OSU someday. If he does, you guys had great years under his leadership.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My guess is whatever the players like!

FYI there is a realtor who supports this site financially who had a hissy fit over previous coach's choice of entrance music, so I think that question was a joke, but something the players like would be solid.

Reactions: roundball

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011
FYI there is a realtor who supports this site financially who had a hissy fit over previous coach's choice of entrance music, so I think that question was a joke, but something the players like would be solid.

Yeah I should clarify...definitely a joke question there.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I can't speak for him on that, but as an Ohio guy I hope so. I do know Urban pursued him to be their OC but toledo offered head coach position. I would go to allot of games if he did end up at OSU someday. If he does, you guys had great years under his leadership.

Very interesting. Sounds like Urban offered the job to Campbell before he hired away our former OC Tom Herman. Herman is doing pretty well for himself now too.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I dont believe I ever saw the guy shaken. He believes in the process and will weather the storm. I think when he feels he has skilled players in the positions he needs there will be more flexibility. Ex at Toledo. They didnt have db's who could play press man. He played zone and coverage was designed to stop big over the top plays. When dbs were more capable, they ran more aggressive coverages. You will probably scream at times, but evetually when personnel is in place he/staff will make the needed adjustments. Just my opinion. Some tol fans would disagree, but I have spent my whole life coaching and see this staff putting players in position to succeed not run something they can't do.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
By pursued, I know he made contact. I thought Toledo hired Campbell before any discussions took place. I could be off some on this so take it with a grain of salt.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Has Toledo had much problem with injuries? With the multitude of ours over the years, I think some of us anyway have questioned the strength and conditioning program.