What do you drive?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
'07 Range Rover Sport. Nicest car I have ever owned and nicest car I have ever been in. 60,000 miles but I bought it used.

'07 Mini Cooper for the wife. NOT the "s" because like I said it's the wife's car. Sporty and fun, but completely impractical for the crappy Spokane streets.

Can anyone guess how many kids I have?

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
2006 Chrysler Pacifica. Love most everything about it. Got it in 2007. Only 88,000 miles on it now. Only thing I don't like is that it sometimes goes too fast thru downtown CR and has been caught twice by the speed cameras. Damn car.

My wife drives a Town and Country. Very nice for trips and the kids.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
2011 Infinti M56x with everything-Bought used with 16k miles for 1/2 the price of new.

In my nearly 30 years of driving I've owned a lot of cars (mostly imports) A lot of Honda/Acura and a lot of Nissan Infiniti. I've had everything from a $400 Pontiac Fiero GT (V6), to a Honda Element, to a 74 Z-28 with a 500hp 427, to a Nissan 350z, etc. I usually try to buy used since I trade so often. I've lost more money then I care to remember on buying/selling cars. The one exception was a 2000 Honda Civic Si that I paid 16.5k new for and sold it 18 months later for 16.5k. I justify this expense by saying I don't have kids. The wife drives a 2013 RDX.

Also like motorcycles but I don't have one at this time.

DSC_5885.jpg

Last edited:

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I have the 14 Forester Touring model. Little loud on the inside, but otherwise I love how it drives with their AWD and gas mileage. Have fun trying to find one though. Subaru can't keep up with the demand.

We just picked it up Friday. Didn't notice the noise - at least not as bad as people have said. It's not the quietest thing in the world, but no complaints.

that '04 has been so rock solid - we didn't even really look at anything else.

And yes - it was tough getting one. Had to go all the way to Madison to pick it up. I'll just say the kids at the Subbie dealership here in DSM were not the best to work with. They act as though they have things sewed up being the only dealer in 100 miles. It's the internet era boys. Saved myself almost a full grand - never even met my salesperson.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I just went over 48,000 today on my car. Bought it a year ago with 32,000.

Holy ****, I have put a ton of miles on my car in a year.

16k in a year? That doesn't sound bad at all.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
1996 Chevy Lumina, 74k miles on it. Bought it for $1200 last September and it does the trick for me (grocery getter/short commute). It was impeccably maintained. My wife drives a 2014 Prius V.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
2011 Infinti M56x with everything-Bought used with 16k miles for 1/2 the price of new.

In my nearly 30 years of driving I've owned a lot of cars (mostly imports) A lot of Honda/Acura and a lot of Nissan Infiniti. I've had everything from a $400 Pontiac Fiero GT (V6), to a Honda Element, to a 74 Z-28 with a 500hp 427, to a Nissan 350z, etc. I usually try to buy used since I trade so often. I've lost more money then I care to remember on buying/selling cars. The one exception was a 2000 Honda Civic Si that I paid 16.5k new for and sold it 18 months later for 16.5k.

Also like motorcycles but I don't have one at this time.

View attachment 27108

Did same with my Rover... Less than 30,000 miles when I bought it several years ago and bought it at a fraction of the list price. While it's way fun to own a brand new car, hard to pass up some of the screaming deals you come across from time to time...

What's your take on your Infiniti? Best car (other than the Rover) we've had was an Acura but like the looks and reputation of the Infinitis.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
And yes - it was tough getting one. Had to go all the way to Madison to pick it up. I'll just say the kids at the Subbie dealership here in DSM were not the best to work with. They as though they have things sewed up being the only dealer in 100 miles. It's the internet era boys. Save myself almost a full grand - never even met my salesperson.

I had a similar experience with Mazda (same dealership). I was offered a $1,500 better deal without Omaha even seeing my trade in. I had it serviced at Ramsey and they said some smart *** statement about it being purchased in Omaha. I pretty much told them they should be embarrassed that they are so noncompetitive.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I drive a 2003 Ford Explorer to work. My wife drives our 2012 Chevy Traverse. My son drives a 2010 Chevy Malibu. The Traverse has been an awesome vehicle for us. It has great head room and leg room. The Malibu has been good too. My son is 6'3" and 230 lbs and the Malibu offers him plenty of head room for a sedan.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I had a similar experience with Mazda (same dealership). I was offered a $1,500 better deal without Omaha even seeing my trade in. I had it serviced at Ramsey and they said some smart *** statement about it being purchased in Omaha. I pretty much told them they should be embarrassed that they are so noncompetitive.

yep - i've been in there two other times and just walked right off the lot. when we bought my wife's '04 - the guy was fantastic, but has since left. I really wanted to get this one there as the first salesperson we dealt with was really good - almost got it done back in Feb. Something was going on and he had to pass me off to another guy - who blew it. And as was mentioned - so hard to get these Foresters that when one comes available you want - you have to pull the trigger and can't dicker.

Aside from their pricing (which isn't unusual for a dealer) I've had really good luck with their service dept.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I drive a Nissan Xterra. Positives are that it's really versatile -- I can take it into the mountains and snow without trouble, and it's pretty comfortable in the city as well. I do use the 4W Drive quite a bit and the locking rear differential has gotten me out of trouble. The negatives are that it gets bad, bad, gas mileage and the back doors are not well designed and make the back seat difficult to get into for passengers. I'd recommend it.

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
We just picked it up Friday. Didn't notice the noise - at least not as bad as people have said. It's not the quietest thing in the world, but no complaints.

that '04 has been so rock solid - we didn't even really look at anything else.

And yes - it was tough getting one. Had to go all the way to Madison to pick it up. I'll just say the kids at the Subbie dealership here in DSM were not the best to work with. They act as though they have things sewed up being the only dealer in 100 miles. It's the internet era boys. Saved myself almost a full grand - never even met my salesperson.

After waiting months and months for the exact model I wanted to show up at any of the dealers in Eastern Iowa, I had to get mine from the factory. Long wait but it was worth it. The CVT isn't the loud part...it just has a few rattles on every bump that developed much quicker than I was hoping. Also wish it came with a hitch installed as that will be an extra expense whenever I decide to drop $500 on that.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
2000 Ford Taurus.

Sexy as hell.

jk I hate it and can't wait to buy a real car when I graduate in December

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I just went over 48,000 today on my car. Bought it a year ago with 32,000.

Holy ****, I have put a ton of miles on my car in a year.

*snork*

2006_ford_taurus_se-pic-2992052169386406953.jpeg

2006 Ford Taurus. Want to say we bought it in early 2006 with a little less than 8,000 miles on it. Just turned over to 224,000 two days ago.

Edit: We also have an '04 Blazer. Got it in January with 104k on it...now has 112k.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
After waiting months and months for the exact model I wanted to show up at any of the dealers in Eastern Iowa, I had to get mine from the factory. Long wait but it was worth it. The CVT isn't the loud part...it just has a few rattles on every bump that developed much quicker than I was hoping. Also wish it came with a hitch installed as that will be an extra expense whenever I decide to drop $500 on that.

If you're handy with this stuff at all - look at doing it yourself. I don't get where Subaru gets off charging $500+ for a hitch that you can get online for about $140 and takes 6 bolts.

I think this is the same between '14 and '15. You can get them almost half the cost listed here through resellers. But this link has the instructions

http://www.curtmfg.com/HitchLookup/find?year=2015&make=Subaru&model=Forester&style=All