What do you do?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I really don't know how we can justify having DG at the point too much longer. He's had some alright games there this year but now that we're playing solid opponents he can't do anything. Here's how I would like to see the minutes be divided up the rest of the way (kg feel free to weigh in on this)
PG-
Buckley 20, Petey 10, DG 10
Our 2 other guard slots-
Lucca 25, Petey 15, Boozer 15, Haluska 10, DG 10, Eik 5
PF-
Brackins 35, JVD 5
C-
Ham 20, JVD 10, Thompson 10

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
DG has hit a wall. Buck needs to see the court to help him out. DG needs to watch a bit to learn, just like many young players need. Mac also needs to give guys more of a chance. Ham and Boozer have got more and more of a chance and they are becoming good players. Buck needs that shot right now for a lot of reasons.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I've never understood this on why people would want to move DG to the 2? What has he done so far that says he can play the 2?

I think you start him but let others take over some of his minutes. See how it plays out.
He's done nothing to prove he can be effective at the 2 but there isn't really much else we can do with him.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I really don't know how we can justify having DG at the point too much longer. He's had some alright games there this year but now that we're playing solid opponents he can't do anything. Here's how I would like to see the minutes be divided up the rest of the way (kg feel free to weigh in on this)
PG-
Buckley 20, Petey 10, DG 10
Our 2 other guard slots
Lucca 25, Petey 15, Boozer 15, Haluska 10, DG 10, Eik 5
PF-
Brackins 35, JVD 5
C-
Ham 20, JVD 10, Thompson 10

I'd like to see Eik get more minutes than Haluska. Unless we need a defensive stopper in there. Right now we have nobody that can score. While I like Boozer, he really isn't an offensive threat. I wouldn't mind seeing an offensive heavy lineup. Brackins, Eik, Lucca, Hamilton and either Peterson/Buckley.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I've never understood this on why people would want to move DG to the 2? What has he done so far that says he can play the 2?

I think you start him but let others take over some of his minutes. See how it plays out.

I've been saying and thinking the same thing. Exactly what we need -- a 2 guard who can't shoot.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I'd like to see Eik get more minutes than Haluska. Unless we need a defensive stopper in there. Right now we have nobody that can score. While I like Boozer, he really isn't an offensive threat. I wouldn't mind seeing an offensive heavy lineup. Brackins, Eik, Lucca, Hamilton and either Peterson/Buckley.
I would really like Eik in there more but he hasn't done anything lately. Boozer is just as much as offensive threat as anybody that isn't Brackins or Lucca right now. I don't think it's possible for us to have an offensive heavy lineup.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
We haven't been able to get Lucca open at all the last few games and it is causing him to take some shots he wouldn't have settled for at the beginning of the game. I love the fact he makes a few of them but the team has to work harder on their screens to get him open.

Maybe Lucca could work a lot harder moving without the ball, and hitting the boards once in a while like GMac has asked him to. On the screens that are set for him, he doesn't rub off tight enough and the defender stays with him.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I've been completely opposed to DG at the 2 spot, but if we reframe things and call him a "slashing guard" instead of a "shooting guard", maybe it would work. Heck, I'd try anything right now. As long as there's another shooter (Lucca) on the floor, I'd be OK with trying this. It really just means that the ballhandling responsibility falls on BP. I don't want to see DG chucking up threes, though.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO

if you don't think Boozer is an offensive threat, then why do you consider Eik an offensive threat. Boozer is bigger, faster, and stronger. Boozer is just as good as a three point threat. I don't understand you logic. While early on in the season Eik was alright, but now he looks lost on the court. Give the minutes to Boozer!!!

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
when you have to start justifying why someone should get playing time, it is time for them to sit on the bench.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
if you don't think Boozer is an offensive threat, then why do you consider Eik an offensive threat. Boozer is bigger, faster, and stronger. Boozer is just as good as a three point threat. I don't understand you logic. While early on in the season Eik was alright, but now he looks lost on the court. Give the minutes to Boozer!!!

Eik's probably played about 20 minutes the last 6 or 7 games. Hard to judge that he's lost out there when he's barely in there. Eik is a way better shooter than Boozer. Boozer is a slasher, not a three point shooter. Eik is a three point shooter that hopefully will develop into a slasher.

I don't want to take minutes away from Boozer, I want to take minutes away from somebody else.

Help Support Us

Become a patron