What did Sherman actually say to Crabtree? HERE it is!

Feb 6, 2013
This is all Kaepernick's fault. If he could've thrown a proper fade route pass, Crabtree would be the hero and nobody would listen to a word of what Sherman has to say.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I did not say it was after the game. But asked why would this be any different?

Because it was pretty ******* obvious that he wasn't being sincere, or even congratulating him for the sake of decorum (like the handshakes you see in the postgame scrums).

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
4 catches for 52 yards and zero td's. But you're right it wasn't (just) crabtree that got owned. Kap got owned. All of the niners receivers got owned. Best receiver had 5 receptions for 53 yards and a td.

Kap got owned. He's not a good passer. He can't process the game. That last throw needs to be thrown to the very back and it wasn't. It was there and Crabtree had done his job but the pass was awful. Crabtree also drew a hold earlier in the game against Sherman. Yeah, his stat line was great but in relation to what Kap did, it was fine. The Niners had guys open but Kap couldn't do what he needed to do. I'm of the opinion that getting rid of Smith cost that team a Super Bowl and probably an opportunity at this years Super Bowl. Honestly, and I said this last year, they should have traded Kap last year as they could have gotten first round value out of him, kept Smith and drafted someone to mold. That team is built for Smith, who by the way played pretty damn well. Now, they sit there with a guy who might develop into a decent at best passer but may never be all that great. That defense isn't going to be great forever and eventually they will need a guy that can run the offense. I really got off track there but it really frustrates me that that team has ****** away three straight opportunities at Super Bowls in one way or another.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This is all Kaepernick's fault. If he could've thrown a proper fade route pass, Crabtree would be the hero and nobody would listen to a word of what Sherman has to say.

No, but we would have had to listen to what Crabtree would have had to say, and by all accounts of what had happened on the field it wouldn't have been much better. Sore losers generally aren't graceful winners.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No, but we would have had to listen to what Crabtree would have had to say, and by all accounts of what had happened on the field it wouldn't have been much better. Sore losers generally aren't graceful winners.

Crabtree doesn't have half the record that Sherman does as far as running their mouth. I can't see Crabtree saying anything like Sherman did.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
Kap got owned. He's not a good passer. He can't process the game. That last throw needs to be thrown to the very back and it wasn't. It was there and Crabtree had done his job but the pass was awful. Crabtree also drew a hold earlier in the game against Sherman. Yeah, his stat line was great but in relation to what Kap did, it was fine. The Niners had guys open but Kap couldn't do what he needed to do. I'm of the opinion that getting rid of Smith cost that team a Super Bowl and probably an opportunity at this years Super Bowl. Honestly, and I said this last year, they should have traded Kap last year as they could have gotten first round value out of him, kept Smith and drafted someone to mold. That team is built for Smith, who by the way played pretty damn well. Now, they sit there with a guy who might develop into a decent at best passer but may never be all that great. That defense isn't going to be great forever and eventually they will need a guy that can run the offense. I really got off track there but it really frustrates me that that team has ****** away three straight opportunities at Super Bowls in one way or another.

Ya cause the offense was so dynamic with Alex. Colin has qb'd the niners to back to back NFCCGs and a superbowl in the last two years and he only has about a year and a half of starting experience.

He damn near made the biggest comeback in superbowl history as well. Play calling cost them at the end.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
I can't believe a guy from Compton could be so classless. It really gives his hometown a bad name.

wamfam

Dec 13, 2013
Ya cause the offense was so dynamic with Alex. Colin has qb'd the niners to back to back NFCCGs and a superbowl in the last two years and he only has about a year and a half of starting experience.

He damn near made the biggest comeback in superbowl history as well. Play calling cost them at the end.

That and the "blackout"!!!!!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Crabtree doesn't have half the record that Sherman does as far as running their mouth. I can't see Crabtree saying anything like Sherman did.

Must be a fairly innocuous record considering I hadn't even heard of Sherman before last weekend.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You gotta love people taking one interview and using it to judge a person's entire life.

Sherman is a very intelligent guy. A 3.9 GPA graduate of Stanford. And in every interview I've ever seen from him besides right after that game, you can tell he is a very well spoken and intelligent young man.

But go ahead and make your judgments based off one interview.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Why is this a big deal?
Because humans by default are not smart.

Its football. It's emotional. **** happens. Nothing seriously out of line. Fine and all the media/discussion is comical.

That said - I bet none of it happens without the over-the-top passion from Sherman post game.