What can ISU do to raise money???

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
After being on this board for over 2 years, I have read numerous threads about ISU and the financial situation we are in. Not everyone agrees with the steps we are taking, soo......

Finally you can be Athletic Director. What would you do?

Raising tickets and re-indexing the stadium has everyone mad.

Putting in luxury boxes has some people in an up-roar.

Having a game in KC hurts the Ames businesses and isn't a smart idea.

No large donors are stepping up..

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Win some games? Sometimes an AD needs a little help.

Or he could start collecting cans during tailgating. The can man doesn't need all that money.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Open a store at Trice that sells water,beer,ketchup,mustard,burger flippers,ice and everything else I forget on saturday's...I never forget the beer.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
1. raise ticket prices and re-index-check
2. install more luxury boxes-check
3. push for more large donors-uncheck
4. continue to get more small money donors eager to donate-check
-this is going to be big in the long run as if we can get the younger crowd of alumni/fans to start donating small now, hopefully some of those (myself included) will be wealthy enough someday to be included in the large donor category and really help the program.
5. why not have a CF "sponsered" donation? get every member of this board to donate between $10-$100 every year, pool the money together and lump it into one nice gift for the athletic department every year. not sure how many members are on this board, but i would think if we could do that it would be a nice chunk of change every year.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I was thinking this was the next step...

sa2.jpg

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
The way to bring in crowds is to schedule tough non-conference games, both basketball and football. SDSU, Kent and UNLV, I mean come on. Basketball is even worse! I get tired of spending gas money to drive to ames twice a week during snow storms to see ISU vs Arkansas Pine-Bluff and other such powerhouses in basketball. If football was opening the season with a BCS middle of the road team, tickets would be sold out. People would be willing to donate more and buy more season tickets. Last year.... highest season ticket sales ever. Why? UNI, IOWA, Texas and OU. Big games mean big crowds.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Instead of shipping FB games to Kansas City, make Jack Trice and Hilton more of destinations. Put a restaurant/bar each in Hilton and JT, open year-round for the public. Build ISU apparel and collectibles shops in one or both, open on a daily basis, like tons of other schools do. Call them "Cyclone Authentic" stores.

Reactions: Wesley

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
^^^we need to get some w's also though in order to build and sustain a winning program. we are never going to get there with continuous 3-9 records. we have to schedule some cupcakes for at least 3-4 more years and prove we can mop them up before we start scheduling some serious BCS teams for pre-conf. games. it's the old chicken or the egg thing.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
The way to bring in crowds is to schedule tough non-conference games, both basketball and football. SDSU, Kent and UNLV, I mean come on. Basketball is even worse! I get tired of spending gas money to drive to ames twice a week during snow storms to see ISU vs Arkansas Pine-Bluff and other such powerhouses in basketball. If football was opening the season with a BCS middle of the road team, tickets would be sold out. People would be willing to donate more and buy more season tickets. Last year.... highest season ticket sales ever. Why? UNI, IOWA, Texas and OU. Big games mean big crowds.

It will never happen, you need to be a Power House in the Nation to risk a bowl season by playing Notre Dame, Ohio State and USC in before the conference schedule.

Getting it handed to us each year in the first three games of the season won't help sell tickets and won't help us get to the bowl games we are trying to get to.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

See the hottest Olympian thread and recruit some of them then jack up prices for women's events...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Instead of shipping FB games to Kansas City, make Jack Trice and Hilton more of destinations. Put a restaurant/bar each in Hilton and JT, open year-round for the public. Build ISU apparel and collectibles shops in one or both, open on a daily basis, like tons of other schools do. Call them "Cyclone Authentic" stores.

Easy there, Kemosabe - let's get the east side refurbished and the south side bowled in first...

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS

I always thought a "Hickory Park" affiliated food stand in Jack Trice would be a big hit.