What are you thankful for?

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
My wife and family, my newly married daughter and her husband living in India, my life which has been one wonder after another, books, fishing, food, Cyclones, I really am not trying to be annoying, but my faith in God has helped the most.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Not going to list, because to write it down would mean leaving something out.

Not blowing sunshine here, there's plenty I could look around and complain about too.

However, I've come to realize that everyone has hardship, everyone has victories. Hard work increases your victories, a sense of humor and humility lessens the blow from your hardship, and an ability to learn from your mistakes decreases your hardship over time.

If you can't look around you and find something to be happy about or be thankful about, the problem is not the world, it's you.

A few weeks ago, in the midst of working as hard and under as much stress as I've seen in a long time, I took time off to watch a game with the family. I was 'throwing' my 2 year old up in the air, the dog running around having a great time watching. I looked over and saw my wife feeding my 2 month old, and thought...I got it pretty damn good.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
God's Grace
Family & Friends
A job w/ coworkers I truly enjoy working with
A roof over my head
Freedom -- in the greatest country on earth

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
My health
My wife
My family
My friends
My degrees from Iowa State
Everything about Iowa State
and for my Dad installing love for the Cyclones at an early age.

I guess I'm also thankful for CycloneFanatic and many of you yahoos.