what are you expectations for this season?

expectations this season

• 1-3 wins

Votes: 72 26.0%
  • 4-6 wins

Votes: 153 55.2%
  • 6+ wins

Votes: 20 7.2%
  • competitive in each game

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Tailgating should be fun regardless of wins

Votes: 18 6.5%

• Total voters

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
North Dakota State will probably beat us. I hope not but you don't win 2 NC in a row and suck.

Kansas State. Who knows? We always lose to them by 3....

Iowa. At Kinnick, Iowa will be run heavy. If we can put up points then mayb...... nope sorry

Baylor, NEXT!

Oky State, not gonna happen.

Toledo, holy cow a fairly attainable win.

Texas, you never know. Beat them with A robs team and they were not good.

Oklahoma. If there's a tornado the day of the game, we will win.

Kansas, w

Tech, W in the cold

West Virigina, toss up

TCU toss up.

3 wins I'm confident in, 3 more possible. That's my realistic take.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
My expectations are 6+ wins and a bowl game but that isn't happening. I see 4-8 this season. Wins against NDSU, Toledo, WVU, and KU.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I'll be impressed if we start better than 2-6. Even if we don't, we still have a decent shot at a bowl.

With mangino as coach our team will improve a lot as the season goes along.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Was this supposed to be the year, or is that next year?

But srsly, 4-8 tops.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
Right, I probably know as much about Iowa as yourself. What are you looking to bet. Your almighty Hawks team did get beat my the MAC in game 1 last year, a MAC team that didnt even win their conference. You want to pull up more of Iowa's troubles to start the season?

1. If you honestly believe UNI is going to beat Iowa that proves you don't know as much about Iowa as myself.

2. I'm looking to bet money. That's what most people bet isn't it? However, this is the interwebs and I have very little faith that I would ever see the $ sent to me from you so I have a feeling it would be pointless. I'm game for whatever though.

3. Cute that you are comparing a UNI team from the Subdivision level to a Northern Illinois team from a D1 conference who had a Heisman contender at QB, and a consensus first round draft pick in Jimmy Ward at SS who is also currently the #1 ranked player at his position in this year's draft. Oh and Ward happens to be the same guy who made the game clinching interception for Northern Illinois in their game against Iowa.

3. Again, you're comparing UNI to a team from a D1 conference, and you go out of your way to mention that Northern Illinois "didn't even win their conference" last year. Guess what? UNI didn't even win their conference last year either and they don't even play on the same level.

4. Iowa has had their fair share of trouble with slow starts to the season. That's the only valid point you make, however, Iowa's offensive line and defensive line will be far too strong this year to get beat by UNI. They will not get pushed around like ISU did last year. If UNI ever wants to beat Iowa they need to do it in a year where they can compete up front. That isn't this year. Plus Iowa is finally starting to develop solid depth at WR, and they've always had a good defense.

I would not be surprised to see UNI make it somewhat competitive because it's the first game of the year, but Iowa will win. IMO they will probably win by more than a TD.

5. If you want to wager shoot me a PM. Otherwise let's do everyone else a favor and allow this thread to stay on topic.

Last edited:

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
Lose to NDSU then run the table!!

but 6-6 will be fine, then in 2015 try to get to 8-4

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I expect tailgating should be much better this season than last.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Yikes, I looked at the schedule, and it's certainly possible to lose the first 5 games. Will it happen? I hope not. Can it happen? Sure.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm in the 4-6 win range, and my thoughts prior to spring ball was around 4. Unless Wally can pull off the best coaching job of his career with a very green and undermanned defense, it looks to me like another season that doesn't end in a bowl trip even if Mangino can get the offense cranked up. A lot of things on both sides of the ball will have to go right to even sniff six wins - the o-line has to stay healthy and productive, one QB has to earn and then keep the job, and most of the front seven defensively will basically have to sink or swim. Maybe all that happens and they go bowling and I'll be thrilled if it does go down, but we may just have to settle for seeing steady improvement from the underclassmen and hope for a breakout campaign in 2015.
I think the fan base can accept one more losing season, but if that's how it goes then CPR's seat will start to get a little warm.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think the fan base can accept one more losing season, but if that's how it goes then CPR's seat will start to get a little warm.

Why not make it 5 straight? (counting bowls)

Unless catastrophe takes place, the men's basketball team should make a record 4th straight NCAA tourney. That's a much more fun trend.

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
Year20092010201120122013
Record7-65-76-76-73-9
anything less then 5 wins, i really think CPR should be on the hot seat