What are you doing New Years' Eve?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Husband and I are pondering whether to spend the night in Des Moines after the game tonight. If we could find a place celebrating NYE affordably, that would certainly swing our decision. For instance, I was seeing if Jethro's was going to be open late, but I'm not seeing anything on their website or Facebook.

Not looking for anywhere fancy...just looking for somewhere to catch perhaps the end of the Chick-Fil-A Bowl and eat some good food.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Go to the ISU game, and then come home and hang out with the kids. Maybe a lively game of mario kart. Woohoo! Livin it up!

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
There's a Shark Tank marathon tonight... I think we're leaning towards that, haha. After we get back from the game, of course.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
ISU game and than over to a friends for New Years. Going to make it to midnight this year….I hope! Last year in Memphis, after the debacle of a game, I went to bed at 10 PM. I'm the oldest 28 year old on earth.

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
Paddy's / Sips will be having a pretty cool NYE shindig sounds like

I'm old balls now, but I always thought
NYE on Welch kinda sucked, but then again it's one of those nights that rarely lives up to what you expect it to be, regardless of location. Just my opinion.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I'm old balls now, but I always thought
NYE on Welch kinda sucked, but then again it's one of those nights that rarely lives up to what you expect it to be, regardless of location. Just my opinion.
I agree. But it is what you make it.

That said, pregaming while watching the game will probably be more fun.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
ISU game and than over to a friends for New Years. Going to make it to midnight this year….I hope! Last year in Memphis, after the debacle of a game, I went to bed at 10 PM. I'm the oldest 28 year old on earth.
I was in bed by 11 pm in my Memphis hotel. It made me the oldest 27 year old at the time.