What are they saying in Redville this week?

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
You have to know that ISU is going to get beat by Nebraska when Zac Taylor is putting up better numbers that Bret Meyer. Taylor is not half the athlete Meyer is, but there system puts enough points on the board and the defense has some athletes. My early guess is Nebraska 28, ISU 13.

If pre-conference numbers meant anything, we wouldn't even play the game. :sweet:

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Garn91-That post was just meant to be a good-natured jibe. Sorry if it irritated you. I personally think 600 yds and 50 pts for Nebraska is a little excessive.

Let me provide a crash course on what Nebraska has done so far this year:

Game 1:

Nebraska 49 584 yards of total offense
Louisiana Tech 10 (7-4 team in 2005 from the WAC conference that was shut out of going to a bowl game)

Game 2:

Nebraska 56 498 yards of total offense
Nicholls St 7 (Will Iowa State be able to match this output against Northern Iowa?)

Game 3:

Nebraska 56 597 yards of total offense
Troy 0 (took both Florida St & Georgia Tech deep into the 4th quarter)

Like I said before, I had no problem what so ever with the gameplan that Nebraska took to USC, any other Big 12 North school goes out to USC and they get blasted. Nebraska kept the game close and picked up some new found national respect, just not falling out of the polls following that game tells me Nebraska picked up some respect.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
At this point, I would like to know what our Red members think our offense might do now that our defense has been defunked.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
What happened in the USC game or did we forget that one?

There is a huge difference in the big game being played in Lincoln or Ames.

ISUCLONES15

Mar 24, 2006
Altoona
Each team has played 4 games and the numbers don't lie about each team's performance.

Sorry Garn but when you play Dime State, Troy, Louisana Tech, all at home and have only 1 road game, your stats are going to be over-inflated. Home games against Toledo, UNLV and road games @ Iowa and @ Texas are a lot more difficult then NU's treck this season.

If you take off your Cornhole sun glasses and look at reality, ISU has played a much, much more competitive first 4 teams then your Huskers.

Sorry, but your stats mean nothing here.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Defunk is a takeoff on the word debunk when you are in a funk. Hey, the game is a ways off yet...the sites clock has not even started ticking for it yet.

And Byford is adequate but not of the caliber of Kurt Mann.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
What happened in the USC game or did we forget that one?

There is a huge difference in the big game being played in Lincoln or Ames.

Yes, Nebraska lost that game and are you blind? This will be my third time in saying that I had no problem with Nebraska's gameplan for that game.

If you are thinking that Jack Trice is a tough place to play yeah right. What's going to be the ratio between Nebraska & ISU fans on Oct 7 when ISU hasn't even had a home sell out yet this year? Nebraska had upwards of 40,000 fans in LA for the USC game, scoring tickets for Ames will seem like childs play. If Jack Trice is such a daunting place to play, it sure didn't stop Toledo from ripping apart your defense.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Sorry Garn but when you play Dime State, Troy, Louisana Tech, all at home and have only 1 road game, your stats are going to be over-inflated. Home games against Toledo, UNLV and road games @ Iowa and @ Texas are a lot more difficult then NU's treck this season.

If you take off your Cornhole sun glasses and look at reality, ISU has played a much, much more competitive first 4 teams then your Huskers.

I would have to agree. I'd never expect a Cornworshipper to concede this though. :rolleyes5cz:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Nebraska kept the game close and picked up some new found national respect

That's funny, the only talk I've heard about the Nebraska-USC game was Nebraska getting raked over the coals for the gameplan. Apparently you haven't read anything outside of Nebraska.

When you lose to a top 5 team, you don't drop much in the polls if your barely in the top 20. That happens almost every time, unless you get totally worked a-la ISU in 2002.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny

Really? So Florida State must have a really crappy team if lowly Troy went into Doak Campbell Stadium and made a game out of it with the Seminoles deep into the 4th quarter.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Yeah, Troy almost beat FSU. And 0-3 Colorado almost beat Georgia. Don't read too much into it.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
What is this for? I'm not sure this is relevant - did you mean to post this on a Husker board?

I think this is now relevant because the discussion has been fairly lively and intuitive so far. It shows how big the Nebraska game is in the Big North. UNI is still trying to recover from their one loss and are nopt as strong as last year when they had Joe Horn, their ex Nebraska running back.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Garn91-Did I say something to anger you? It was unintentional if I did.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
This is getting out of hand, thread locked.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah, Troy almost beat FSU. And 0-3 Colorado almost beat Georgia. Don't read too much into it.

and the week following the Toledo/ISU game, Toledo got blasted by a directional MAC conference school, but I won't read too much into it that Iowa State needed triple overtime to beat Toledo.