What’s your Thanksgiving and Christmas going to look like?

What’s your 2020 thanksgiving and Christmas going to look like?

• Small group of family.

• All of family. Like any normal year.

• I will not be celebrating with any family this year.

• Large group of family/all of family but will require masks inside home with other safety protocols.

Results are only viewable after voting.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Someone near my hometown just died after getting it from his granddaughters.

But don't worry. The family refuses to live in fear! With both parents also contracting it (grandma also had it), and an uncle in the hospital, they held an in person visitation and funeral. Don't live in fear, Karens!

• Sad
Reactions: carvers4math

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
With our current two it would be hell. Our first one was an absolute champ when we would drive between Wichita and Cedar Rapids. Most complaining he ever did was when we put this cover on the backseat to keep him from shedding all over it. So that was quickly removed and he went right to sleep. Hell he didn't even whine when we spun out on I-70.

I had to stop for a second because I thought you were talking about your kids.

MIL usually hosts Thanksgiving, but she just had surgery last week, and she needs to be resting for 3-6 weeks. So who volunteered to cook? The husband. He's a good cook, he can follow instructions, and a pretty good problem solver. I have to work. I volunteered to go shopping and pick up any food/ingredients that are needed. Sooooo, we'll see how this turns out for husband, with minimal assistance, cooking for 11 people.

Christmas will be 15 people as husband's youngest brother comes down from Sioux Falls with his family. (That SIL is a nurse, so I know they've been taking precautions)
I believe husband will once again make himself available to make the Christmas candies like he did last year.

Reactions: wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Good luck and safe travels for both of those trips.

Husbands are like FedEx drivers for the holidays. Everyone's excited when we roll into the driveway, but they're mostly excited to see what we brought.
And if you're wearing shorts. Oops, that's the UPS guys.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
We will be traveiling to multiple states and participating in multiple large family gatherings with no restrictions. Then im going to come back and hangout at bars and restaurants.

• Dumb
Reactions: MJ29

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
But don't worry. The family refuses to live in fear! With both parents also contracting it (grandma also had it), and an uncle in the hospital, they held an in person visitation and funeral. Don't live in fear, Karens!

Give me liberty, some turkey, or give me death. Maybe all three. Who knows.

Reactions: cowgirl836

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Shaming and name-calling a family as they mourn the loss of a loved one. Interesting.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Normal minus the grandparents who recently moved to an assisted living home. Have a pretty small family with only a few who aren't working from home.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Just our little family of three.
We don't do anything larger due to stubbornly unaddressed allergy problems.
I expect rev is already fielding some heavy shame/pressure calls from her folks, who are the ones who refused to address the situation and kept nearly killing me. It'll be a fun couple of months.

• Sad
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Someone near my hometown just died after getting it from his granddaughters.

Thats my biggest fear. Really wanted to see my Grandpa this weekend who just had a stroke, but didn't want to chance it since we were at a restaurant Friday night. I dont necessarily agree or like all the rules, but if it keeps my grandparents around, Im all for it.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm on the side of taking precautions and being careful. I'm also really slow to judge people who are set on seeing family, as I've been losing my grandparents over the past 5 years.

If you're planning on having a gathering, and have family that could be deemed high risk, I'd encourage you to get a test prior to going, and maybe not do any high risk activities leading up to the holiday.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
99.9% survival rate...so will i take the risk of .1% of dying to eat my moms mashed potatoes and apple pie? absolutely.

If my mom got it, it's curtains for her. So I won't take the risk. I'm not worried about myself at all.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Shaming and name-calling a family as they mourn the loss of a loved one. Interesting.

I'm pretty sure she was pointing out the fact that having an in-person visitation and funeral for a family member that died due to similar negligence is just doubling down and not very smart.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

CloneJD

May 14, 2020

Callousness toward the dead is a bit alarming.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Good lord, it was a joke Karen. If you would get your nose out of the New Balance Fall 2020 catalog you might pick up on it.

I'll probably spend Thanksgiving hanging with the kids while the wife cooks. After about 3 late afternoon scotches I'll probably play a little grab *** with the Mrs.

Can I join

Help Support Us

Become a patron