Westworld Season 4 trailer

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'll probably watch it, but the show jumped the shark a little for me last year. Honestly I'm struggling to remember what the storyline of the last season was all about, just remember being pretty disappointed by the end of it. The problem with everyone basically being androids or hosts or whatever is there are no real stakes with the characters any more. Even when someone "dies" they aren't really dead.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
I really, really enjoyed the first season. The second season wasn't as great but watchable. I only made it through three or four episodes of season three. I just completely lost interest. It turned into one of those shows where they think the more confusing it is, the better it is. Or I'm dumb.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I just finished Season 3 a couple of days ago. I thought it was better then Season 2, which was too smart and even pretentious for its own good IMO, but it's definitely a show you have to pay special attention towards just about every minute or you will get lost and confused.

Maybe I missed him, but I didn't see Aaron Paul in the trailer? Would be odd to leave him out, as his character seems pretty important to the whole storyline moving forward.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I just finished Season 3 a couple of days ago. I thought it was better then Season 2, which was too smart and even pretentious for its own good IMO, but it's definitely a show you have to pay special attention towards just about every minute or you will get lost and confused.

Maybe I missed him, but I didn't see Aaron Paul in the trailer? Would be odd to leave him out, as his character seems pretty important to the whole storyline moving forward.
He's in there multiple times, the first about 10 seconds in sitting on the ledge a skyscraper. I'll echo the first season is amazing and it's just been sliding since then. I'll watch it, but it's unlikely to be appointment Sunday night viewings like it was the first 2 seasons.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

I liked season 3 a lot more than 2 as well

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
He's in there multiple times, the first about 10 seconds in sitting on the ledge a skyscraper. I'll echo the first season is amazing and it's just been sliding since then. I'll watch it, but it's unlikely to be appointment Sunday night viewings like it was the first 2 seasons.

Huh. Obviously I did miss him then.

I'll keep on watching it for the cast and the acting if for no other reason. That lineup is as good as prestige TV gets; Evan Rachel Wood is terrific, Thandie Newton is solid, Jeffrey Wright, Aaron Paul, etc. Then throw in Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins during the first season...wow.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
show is probably not as sci fi as most think. I remember being a star wars nerd in 80s/90s I'd buy any magazine that had anything to do with it and a common thing would be to write that "robots will be like R2D2, it will never be possible for a robot to walk upright like C3PO", I think I still have a Time Magazine star wars cover that wrote something like that. Now not only are robots more human like than C3PO but it's pretty obvious that having them walk like dogs and humans is superior to rolling around like a tank like R2D2.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I absolutely loved the first season. The whole premise, the twists, the turns, etc. Season 2 was a bit of a let-down, but not bad.

Season 3? I don't even know what happened in Season 3. We no longer have HBO or HBOMax and I'm not sure I'm coming back.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Huh. Obviously I did miss him then.

I'll keep on watching it for the cast and the acting if for no other reason. That lineup is as good as prestige TV gets; Evan Rachel Wood is terrific, Thandie Newton is solid, Jeffrey Wright, Aaron Paul, etc. Then throw in Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins during the first season...wow.
Maeve is my favorite character on any show the past few years. And it’s because Newton is brilliant. Love her.

Reactions: ISUChippewa

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I absolutely loved the first season. The whole premise, the twists, the turns, etc. Season 2 was a bit of a let-down, but not bad.

Season 3? I don't even know what happened in Season 3. We no longer have HBO or HBOMax and I'm not sure I'm coming back.

Agree. I loved first season, I love many dozens of shows on Max and surprisingly Westworld not one of them anymore.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Evan Rachel Wood skinny dipping in that back yard pool in Season 2 got me hooked. I'll be watching.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I binged this whole show in about a week when we first got HBO, I'm really excited for the new season. I admit Season 4 took me places I wasn't real sure of, but I'm still really interested in the premise and the world they've created.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Who watched season 4, episode 1?

I still am confused 90% of the time but I keep coming back. But I think a lot of it is Thandie Newton/Maeve. That character is one of my favorite ones of any show ever made. She is amazing.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Skipped Season 3, but thought first epi of Season 4 was grand. I knew
she was Delores even before the cowboy appeared at the end.

Jesse from Breaking Bad is very good in this already.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
From what I could gather from the first new episode is that there was some sort of war/insurrection that happened after they blew up the big brain at the end of season three, and now Jesse is married and has a young daughter. Maeve has been located out in the wilderness, and a hit squad came after her, but she took care of them. I'm not sure what the deal is with the Dolores character either. and a Mexican drug cartel owns Hoover Dam, but the Ed Harris character (is he a robot now?) eliminated them as well. It's crazy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron