West Virginia at Iowa State predictions

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
It's payback time. Morgantown, WV was an absolute embarrassment for the Cyclones.

Ames, IA will have a different result.

Iowa State 88
West Virginia 74

A side note: Baylor is starting to play well again. If fanatics thought we would be victorious in Waco, TX. I would re-evaluate.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
It's payback time. Morgantown, WV was an absolute embarrassment for the Cyclones.

Ames, IA will have a different result.

Iowa State 88
West Virginia 74

A side note: Baylor is starting to play well again. If fanatics thought we would be victorious in Waco, TX. I would re-evaluate.

No re-evaluation necessary; Scott Drew is Fred's *****.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Our offense plays generally well but defense has it's share of struggles. Wouldn't surprise me if have a pretty big let down middle of the second half. 85-79 Cyclones.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
They exposed our guards defensively last time, Monte in particular got worked by Slaten. I'm not as worried about WV going off from 3 again as I am Slaten killing us. He did most of his damage driving and made Monte look bad a few times. I wouldn't be surprised to see Naz playing him a bit more. Iirc Naz barely played the first game, at least not when the game was still close. I'd also like to see Monte put a little more pressure on Slaten when he has the ball. I'm not not nitpicking on Monte, he's just matched up with one of the best players in the conference, its a big matchup in the game. I feel like if the combo of Monte and Naz can contain Slaten and put up similar points, we can control this game.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Kane just seemed out of sorts at West Virginia. Hopefully that had more to do with the environment and the straight pressure of coming home than the team we were playing.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Deandre Kane will go 4-6 from 3 pt land.
Erin Harris will foul out.
Huggins will get a technical called.

Oh, and ISU wins by about 9.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Kane just seemed out of sorts at West Virginia. Hopefully that had more to do with the environment and the straight pressure of coming home than the team we were playing.
I'm pretty sure it was exactly this. The crowd targeted him the entire game and he probably felt a lot of pressure playing in front of his family and friends so I think it was no coincidence that he played one of his worst games. No connection to the team but that is what I think. I bet he has a much better game this time around. I expect the Cyclones to win by 8+.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
I think our guys are gonna come out and play the type of D we played against KU @ Hilton and we force a bunch of turnovers and we shoot well. 40% from three and 50%+ overall. Our guys slam it down their throat and Eron Harris has a terrible game.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I hope at least some 3 point shots will start falling for ISU. Just hit 33 percent and above, and ISU should be fine, if they defend the 3 even just a little bit. I don't see WVU shooting over 50 percent in Hilton, or 60 percent from 3, but you never know. They came back last year because of their 3 point shooting at Hilton. ISU has to dominate the boards and avoid foul trouble.

ISU wins, but it will be close (less than 6) and it may take another last second bucket by Niang.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
This thread makes me think people haven't watched WV more than one game. They were simply on fire that game. Won't happen again.....
Cyclones win big.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron