West Virginia (2/3) and Pitt (2/4) Dual Discussion

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I just read the redshirt rules and I can't find anything to make sense of that. I think they will pull his redshirt anyway, but still struggling to understand how the 2 dual meets are only counted as one event.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I just read the redshirt rules and I can't find anything to make sense of that. I think they will pull his redshirt anyway, but still struggling to understand how the 2 dual meets are only counted as one event.
I know someone on this board who would probably know and explain it, but I’m not throwing up the bat signal for this one :)

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Little-known quirk (to the public, anyway) deep in the NCAA manual.

Two times per year you can count a multi-day event (Midlands, Scuffle, etc.) or back-to-back duals (provided the two duals happen within three days) as just one date.
Thanks- must have missed it .

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Little-known quirk (to the public, anyway) deep in the NCAA manual.

Two times per year you can count a multi-day event (Midlands, Scuffle, etc.) or back-to-back duals (provided the two duals happen within three days) as just one date.
For our sake - if Cabanban is out the rest of the year and we use Fuessley/Knopick for the rest of the regular season, Perryman can wrestle at Big 12s and Nationals (if he gets there) and keep his redshirt since he has two dates left? That’s the way I read it.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
For our sake - if Cabanban is out the rest of the year and we use Fuessley/Knopick for the rest of the regular season, Perryman can wrestle at Big 12s and Nationals (if he gets there) and keep his redshirt since he has two dates left? That’s the way I read it.

No. Free dates are regular-season only. Competition in the postseason is not exempt -- it burns a year.

Reactions: DrizzyCyclone

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I don’t think post season is included in the redshirt exemption

Reactions: DrizzyCyclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron