West Hill Brewing Indianola

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don’t have the desire to investigate any further but there are multiple sites claiming a spike in violent crimes in Indianola over the past decade. I mean I’m in downtown Des Moines all the time where there’s a much higher chance of being assaulted and feel perfectly safe there so I wouldn’t ever feel unsafe visiting Indianola, but what would motivate all these sites to fabricate crime data?

There's an area on the northeast side of town where a sh*tty developer put in some townhomes for low-income renters about a decade ago. I'd be willing to bet any spike in violent crime data has a lot to do with that and most of those incidents are concentrated at those developments. Police spend a disproportionate amount of time/calls dealing with those townhomes.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and baller21

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I don’t have the desire to investigate any further but there are multiple sites claiming a spike in violent crimes in Indianola over the past decade. I mean I’m in downtown Des Moines all the time where there’s a much higher chance of being assaulted and feel perfectly safe there so I wouldn’t ever feel unsafe visiting Indianola, but what would motivate all these sites to fabricate crime data?

Isn‘t the question we should be asking is what motivates you to turn a thread about West Hill Brewing into a crime data thread?

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Isn‘t the question we should be asking is what motivates you to turn a thread about West Hill Brewing into a crime data thread?

Well there was a convo about wether or not Indianola was a decent town, I was curious and that’s the first thing I found on google. Than several posters got rather defensive about it and here we are. I’m sure it isn’t much different than any other small Iowa town, quiet and boring.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Well there was a convo about wether or not Indianola was a decent town, I was curious and that’s the first thing I found on google. Than several posters got rather defensive about it and here we are. I’m sure it isn’t much different than any other small Iowa town, quiet and boring.

I said it's pretty un-hateable. Which it is.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I have progeny in St. Louis & San Diego, it is laughable to compare crime rates in a relatively small Iowa town with any metropolitan city. But I read this thread to find out about a good brew.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I have progeny in St. Louis & San Diego, it is laughable to compare crime rates in a relatively small Iowa town with any metropolitan city. But I read this thread to find out about a good brew.

And West Hill is great! Stop down anytime. I'm pretty sure you'll be safe from rape and other violent crimes.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My niece graduated from Simpson last spring, I've went to few sporting events and other events held there Walked from Simpson to the square quite a few times, it certainly didn't seem like a high crime rate area to me.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Indianola is a great town. Bike trails, balloon classic, great town square, school athletic facilities are top notch, Simpson brings very cool events, Banner lakes, Warren county fair... very cool place just 15 minutes from The Moines.

It pulled the Nintendo Fusion Tour with Story of the Year, Lost Prophets, Anberlin and My Chemical Romance in 2004. I was there. That alone makes the town.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Indianola is a great town. Crime? Probably some, but it's very safe. Have a friend who is a COP there. He's never used the terms Indianola and high crime in the same conversation. LOL.....

Plus, they have an old school A&W.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Indianola is a great town. Crime? Probably some, but it's very safe. Have a friend who is a COP there. He's never used the terms Indianola and high crime in the same conversation. LOL.....

Plus, they have an old school A&W.

Wow. My buddy was chasing a girl who worked at that A&W around 95 and it was old then.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I worked for a year at the Hy-Vee in Indinaola. Can't say I ever even considered it dangerous. Maybe coming from East Euclid clouded my judgement.

Reactions: Macloney