Wes Johnson's injury improving

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
This'll probably be our 4th consecutive year of decline. We need to improve NOW, not next year, or the year after. What do we tell the recruits, we have a good program that's gone downhill 4 years in a row? We have to do something THIS year to keep recruits interested.

Redshirting would have been a poor decision.

Exactly.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
You can ALWAYS hurt an injury worse. ALWAYS. If you couldn't then it would have been impossible to get the injury in the first place.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think the term "hurting it worse" is accurate. For instance, if your ACL is half healed, playing on it is stupid because you are at a very high risk of retearing it. In the case of a bone bruise, he is not playing on weakened muscles or tendons... it simply will hurt a lot.

I did something similar to my foot once and asked the doctor how quickly I could be running on it again. He kinda blinked and then said, well, you won't hurt it any more than it already is, but it will really hurt to run on it for awhile.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think the term "hurting it worse" is accurate. For instance, if your ACL is half healed, playing on it is stupid because you are at a very high risk of retearing it. In the case of a bone bruise, he is not playing on weakened muscles or tendons... it simply will hurt a lot.

I did something similar to my foot once and asked the doctor how quickly I could be running on it again. He kinda blinked and then said, well, you won't hurt it any more than it already is, but it will really hurt to run on it for awhile.

Great point.