Wes Anderson's Grand Budapest Hotel

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I have never liked Wes Anderson movies. I don't really 'get' them for the most part. I don't hate them but I don't really understand how all the critics fall over his movies all the time. I do respect his style though.

That being said, I just saw his latest movie Grand Budapest Hotel tonight. Go see it. It's fantastic. Absolutely loved it.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
steve zissou > *

but yeah I want to see that one. thanks for the incentive.

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Funny I love his movies and thought this was one of his weaker ones.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
steve zissou > *

but yeah I want to see that one. thanks for the incentive.
Life Aquatic is my favorite of his movies and one of my favorite films, period. I think it might be Bill Murray's best film too. His performance is just incredible.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We're big fans of Wes Anderson in our house - love the dry humor and visuals. Life Aquatic is just a spectacular film, and Fantastic Mr. Fox is maybe my favorite "kid's movie" of all time. We're really excited to see this, I've heard good things.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Fantastic Mr. Fox is a movie that I'm going to watch with my daughter when she's old enough. It has a fantastic story (obviously, from the title, duh) and the dying stop-action animation feel that you just don't see anymore. And the colors, did I mention the colors - it's perfection.

Moonrise Kingdom is right up there as well.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Bottle Rocket is in my top ten films of all time. I like the rest of them but they seem to be missing something Bottle Rocket has.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Fantastic Mr. Fox is a movie that I'm going to watch with my daughter when she's old enough. It has a fantastic story (obviously, from the title, duh) and the dying stop-action animation feel that you just don't see anymore. And the colors, did I mention the colors - it's perfection.

Moonrise Kingdom is right up there as well.

Our preschooler loves Fantastic Mr. Fox. And none of it is too scary (even the dogs, we explain what is going on with them), which is a bonus. We have a Wes Anderson art book, and she LOVES flipping to the Mr. Fox chapter.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Our preschooler loves Fantastic Mr. Fox. And none of it is too scary (even the dogs, we explain what is going on with them), which is a bonus. We have a Wes Anderson art book, and she LOVES flipping to the Mr. Fox chapter.

Thanks for the heads-up. I can't wait to watch her experience and enjoy it for the first time :D

And then when she's 10...Star Wars!!!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thanks for the heads-up. I can't wait to watch her experience and enjoy it for the first time :D

And then when she's 10...Star Wars!!!

It's a lot of fun sharing the things you love with them - especially when they also like them!