Welp, power ranking is pretty clear now ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Based on yesterday's outcomes.

1. OU - saved their horses, rode some cowboys
2. ISU - boat raced emaw
3. Texas - by default
4. oSu - embarrassed
5. WVU - watched on TV
6. K-State - eviscerated
7. TCU - watched
8. TxT - watched
9. Baylor - them too
10. Ku - Gonzaga!

Iowa State and OU clearly separated themselves from the field yesterday and assuming a win in Austin, the Clones get their shot at a championship. That's pretty damn sweet. But that's also a very big assumption, finding the key to Dallas in Austin. Good luck Friday.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Bold move Surly.

Rate the team that boat raced your pussycats and beat OU below OU.

Quite clear indeed?!

You fit in with the cowardly phony group around here quite nicely

Obviously OU is playing much better football than when ISU beat them. So is ISU. However, spot 1 in the rankings is for ISU until someone proves otherwise and the contenders will have their chance.

Suck on that, phony.

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
I think we have a pretty good case for #1. Head-to-head win, with a shutout against a team that had given OSU troubles even when it was injured. In our five conference wins, only one game has come down to the last possession. Looks good other than that.

WesleyE

Jul 19, 2018
Are we mean to surly as an ironic thing? I think this is very reasonable and appreciate surly’s cordial posts from a different fandom’s perspective.

...but to join in with the rest of you...surly how dare you suggest that the mighty Cyclones are second fiddle to the team that always wins the conference, you are truly an ignoramous, do you like Nickelback?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Based on yesterday's outcomes.

1. OU - saved their horses, rode some cowboys
2. ISU - boat raced emaw
3. Texas - by default
4. oSu - embarrassed
5. WVU - watched on TV
6. K-State - eviscerated
7. TCU - watched
8. TxT - watched
9. Baylor - them too
10. Ku - Gonzaga!

Iowa State and OU clearly separated themselves from the field yesterday and assuming a win in Austin, the Clones get their shot at a championship. That's pretty damn sweet. But that's also a very big assumption, finding the key to Dallas in Austin. Good luck Friday.

I tend to agree with this power rating. ISU is pretty good, when they play cleanly, but let's not forget that we are only a week away from almost chocking against a not very good Baylor team. In the end, ISU just needs to keep winning. On to Texa$

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Are we mean to surly as an ironic thing? I think this is very reasonable and appreciate surly’s cordial posts from a different fandom’s perspective.

...but to join in with the rest of you...surly how dare you suggest that the mighty Cyclones are second fiddle to the team that always wins the conference, you are truly an ignoramous, do you like Nickelback?

Oh, the rankings are based on history, my bad.

I went based on how the teams looked yesterday/last game they played and the fact that Surly said the rankings were quite clear, at the vary least ISU/OU are tied for 1.

And the most egregious ranking was putting KSU above TCU. So yes, it is entirely appropriate to call his post out directly.
Seems to me Surly cordiality was contaminated with at least a wee bit of trolling.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Oh and there is NO WAY KSU is middle of the pack

Correct ranking, clearly, except for blind homers, is:

1) ISU
2) OU
3) UT
4) OSU
5) WVU
6) TCU
7) TTU
8) BU
9) KSU
10) KU

Well to be fair to surly if people in this thread are about head to head wins ksu beat tcu and tech so that's why case could be made for ksu to be above those 2.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Right now OU looks like a better team than us. It might be close, but we also played them without some of their stars and Rattler is now looking comfortable. I think you could easily flip ISU and OU but we all know OU has more talent. I want nothing to do with them right now. Having that 240 pound running back is going to make things interesting. That dude is a load. Anyone that thinks it is clear we are better than OU currently hasn't been watching them recently.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Right now OU looks like a better team than us. It might be close, but we also played them without some of their stars and Rattler is now looking comfortable. I think you could easily flip ISU and OU but we all know OU has more talent. I want nothing to do with them right now. Having that 240 pound running back is going to make things interesting. That dude is a load. Anyone that thinks it is clear we are better than OU currently hasn't been watching them recently.

I don't want anything to do with OU now, Rattler is a stud with plenty of weapons.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I would've put it the same order as @surly. OU has righted the ship and has studs all over the field.

I wish we could've played this version of OSU - they had their 3rd QB in against OU and he looked as over-matched as you'd imagine.

These are just impressions; the only thing that matters is the next game for ISU.

Reactions: WalkingCY

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Bold move Surly.

Rate the team that boat raced your pussycats and beat OU below OU.

Quite clear indeed?!

You fit in with the cowardly phony group around here quite nicely

Obviously OU is playing much better football than when ISU beat them. So is ISU. However, spot 1 in the rankings is for ISU until someone proves otherwise and the contenders will have their chance.

Suck on that, phony.
Relax, we're all friends here.