Well, we're moving from ranking pretenders to contenders now ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The issue in doing this is defining the basis. A simple power ranking or how we think it ends up at year's end? So, I'm staying with the former which may end up being the latter. Based on what I saw yesterday (the eye test) taking into consideration what the teams have accomplished (standings) to this point in time.

oSu - survived Manhattan
OU - look the part
ISU - showed character
Texas - best of the rest
WVU - not quite yet
K-State - but a spoiler now
TCU - season turning
TxT - not very good
Baylor - underperforming
Ku - underwater

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I would put OU above OSU in your rankings if you are truly going by in the moment off the weekend of games. K State should have won that game against OSU if not for one of the flukiest turnovers late in that game.

OU is the best team in the conference if you are taking right now at this exact moment.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I would put OU above OSU in your rankings if you are truly going by in the moment off the weekend of games. K State should have won that game against OSU if not for one of the flukiest turnovers late in that game.

OU is the best team in the conference if you are taking right now at this exact moment.
That was not my basis though. I agree, however, that OU from an eye test looks to be the B12's best. But they've lost two, oSu one. And oSu won in a tough place yesterday to a team OU lost to earlier in Norman. That's why I put the Pokes first.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That was not my basis though. I agree, however, that OU from an eye test looks to be the B12's best. But they've lost two, oSu one. And oSu won in a tough place yesterday to a team OU lost to earlier in Norman. That's why I put the Pokes first.
I know you’re not very bright but you’ve contradicted yourself about four times in two posts then.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
To be honest I feel like you've changed how you do this over the last couple of weeks.

A power ranking (like you claim this is) is who are the best teams over-all at this point in time. If you are claiming to do a power ranking, Iowa State should be ahead of OU.

If you are simply trying to say who looked better this week, that's a stupid thing to do, but maybe you are right.

Either way, I always fail to understand why you spend so much time on here. Do you do these stupid rankings every week on every Big 12 board?

Reactions: hobbes and jctisu

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Surly logic. ISU is number one then the Okalahoma schools then Texas. The rest who cares.
It's rather straight-forward, the eye test says OU is better than ISU even though ISU won a close game in Ames. I can't see them doing that today on a neutral field. Eye test + standings = power ranking. Slight edge to the Sooners.

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
That is absolutely correct. I've tried here to use a combination of the eye test and the standings in developing this morning's power ranking.
Hell's bells, this just as well be randomly generated.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Par for the course. If you don’t agree exactly with what surly has to say, and I mean exactly, the contradictions start coming out. I do it on purpose sometimes to just sit and watch.

Although this was legit. I literally swapped his first and second and it was like, “No no no!”

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Based on what I've seen so far...

1. OU
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma State
4. Iowa State
5. West Virginia
6. Kansas State
7. TCU
8. Texas Tech
9. Baylor
10. Kansas

1-4 is pretty tight no matter how you look at it. Each team has beaten one of the 3 around them. It's great to be in control of our destiny with only 3 games left, hopefully we can finish strong!

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron