Weirdest beer( ale) you have ever seen or tasted

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Our local lodge sorts cans and bottles and donates the proceeds to local school for trips, teaching materials, and sporting goods. The other night I came across an ale that had a baby picture( think Gerber's) on the label. It contained a double shot of chocolate, coffee, nutmeg, and oat stout. Who drinks this crap and who was dumb enough to come up with this?

• Disagree
Reactions: chuckd4735

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Sam Adams' Cherry Wheat beer I could've done without, as it tasted like cherry medicine.

There was some jalapeño beer I had at Benz Beer Festival years ago and was probably the oddest (and not best) beer I've had.

Edit: every peanut butter ale I've had wasn't good. I've got them in my beer of the month packages.

For the good stuff, I liked Boulevard's Imperial Stout that was chocolate and the one that was cherry. They were good to have hints of those flavors. Got those at their brewery. New Glarus also put out a decent raspberry beer.

Last edited:

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
At TailGate Brewery in Nashville, TN they had a beer on tap called Peanut Butter Milk Stout. I'm not really a stout person, but it wasn't too bad.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
O'Fallon Cherry Chocolate - A one drinker, one drink and dumped it.

Rogue Voodoo Donut Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana - Not quite the worst thing I've ever had. Had a few others of the series and they are all disgusting.

Wells Banana Bread Beer - Delicious, wouldn't want more that one or two at a time.

Lone Tree Peach IPA - Really good. Thought I hated "fruity" beer until I tried this, perfect summer beer.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
belchign-beaver-pb-milk-stout.jpg

Reactions: bostrem00

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I had a German smoked beer once that tasted like they had dumped in a bunch of Worcestershire sauce.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale. Might as well have been drinking doggie piss. Someone once said I might have just gotten a bad batch, but honestly, I can't think of a single variety of Flying Dog that I've actually liked.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Another one - Blue Moon Chai Spiced Ale. Normally I like Blue Moon, but I'm not a fan of chai anyway and this was no different (it came as part of a variety 12-pack). Just not a big fan of cloves and that taste was readily apparent.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
A local home brewer who has won quite a few awards brought in his maple Russian imperial stout that had an ABV of 16.7%. It was great, but could lead to some blacking out.