NFL: ***Week 17 Thread***

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
And the Houston Texans are now on the clock. They clinched the #1 overall pick by losing to the Titans. QB, Clowney, trade down, or all of the above? Should be interesting and it could be a quick turnaround if they play it right.

We will learn a lot about prospects over the next few months. I think around this time of year last season Geno Smith was #1 in some mock drafts.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Thanks to KC so far for making it interesting. Would love to see Rivers lose to backups and miss the playoffs when all other teams did what they needed for SD to have a shot.

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Assuming you are talking about downing the punt. Just backs up my conspiracy theory that the NFL wants the Paaaackers to win. It was obviously in the field of play

The angles they showed, especially the endzone one, looked pretty conclusive that neither Bears player was in the endzone when they touched the ball. Bad call indeed

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The angles they showed, especially the endzone one, looked pretty conclusive that neither Bears player was in the endzone when they touched the ball. Bad call indeed

...............And Karma. I look for the Bears to score a lot of points today. Those 2 receivers they have are both freaks.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009

Agreed. What in the heck is the point of instant replay if the conclusion is obvious and they still can't get it right?

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Wow! I'm getting the feeling that the NFL wants the Packers in the playoffs. Not sure how else you can explain the botched replay call and the roughing the QB call.

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Peyton Manning is just a monster. 17/20 with 3 TD's and 196 yards with 3:39 left in the 2nd. 70 yards short of passing yards in a season record

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The touchback call was incorrect. The roughing one was the correct call... at least in today's NFL game it was. That second Bears tackler HAS to let up when he sees the first Bears guy bring Rodgers down. Coming in late and just landing on Rodgers could re-injure his collarbone again. He could have let up. He didn't need to land on top of him.