NFL: ***Week 17 Thread***

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
all 3 teams Denver can face scare me though I'm afraid of the Colts the least honestly. Playing a team 3 times is tough especially since the Chargers have a good game plan to slow down Denver.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
all 3 teams Denver can face scare me though I'm afraid of the Colts the least honestly. Playing a team 3 times is tough especially since the Chargers have a good game plan to slow down Denver.
I think I'd rather the Broncos play the Chiefs honestly. Chiefs in Denver in January sounds like good odds in my opinion.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Rewatched the Chargers fake punt several times now, the runner's helmet was off before the ball came out. In the NFL the play is dead as soon as the ball carrier's helmet comes off. Plus, the officials ruled forward progress was stopped.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Rewatched the Chargers fake punt several times now, the runner's helmet was off before the ball came out. In the NFL the play is dead as soon as the ball carrier's helmet comes off. Plus, the officials ruled forward progress was stopped.
That one doesn't matter since the NFL botched the too many men on one side on the missed game winning FG. Should have been 5 yards and a retry. Most likely game over, Chiefs win and Steelers in playoffs.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That one doesn't matter since the NFL botched the too many men on one side on the missed game winning FG. Should have been 5 yards and a retry. Most likely game over, Chiefs win and Steelers in playoffs.
I didn't even know that was a rule. Seems silly.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

Since the Chargers lost a game earlier in the year when the officials called a bogus "covering the center" call that cost the chargers a game, I wont sweat that too much. I guess it evens out in the end.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
As a Chiefs fan, I'm kind of happy that SD made the playoffs. They are capable of making a run in the playoffs. Plus if the Chiefs and Chargers win next week, the Chargers would have to play Denver while chiefs get NE

IF both win that, then Chiefs could possibly host a AFC championship game. Long shot I know.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
As a Chiefs fan, I'm kind of happy that SD made the playoffs. They are capable of making a run in the playoffs. Plus if the Chiefs and Chargers win next week, the Chargers would have to play Denver while chiefs get NE

IF both win that, then Chiefs could possibly host a AFC championship game. Long shot I know.

It's amazing that a division that has been pretty bad for quite a while has three teams in the playoffs.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I HATE Manziel. I would rather have Derek Carr.

Yeah, I'm with you there. I really, really hope they don't go for Manziel. He's got bust written all over him. I do hope they make a move for a QB though, whether it's through the draft of free agency. The offense has talent. Cordarrelle Patterson is going to be a stud. Hard to believe, but his rookie stats are actually very comparable to Percy Harvin's first season. Slightly fewer total yards, but more touchdowns. And Percy was the Rookie of the Year. Very happy with Cordarrelle's progress.