Wednesday OT - Thanksgiving Power Rankings

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Best Thanksgiving Food

• Turkey

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Mashed Potatoes

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Scalloped Corn/Corn Casserole

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Yams/Scalloped Potatoes

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Stuffing/Dressing

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • Bread/Rolls

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Green Bean Casserole

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Pumpkin Pie

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • F***ing Pecan Pie

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Macaroni and Cheese

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Maybe you just don't have enough meat, I've been stuffed by it multiple times.
cutest-cat-gifs-kitten-heads.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Angie

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Why do they take something as glorious as pie and put straight crap in it?

Janny got me cranberry sauce goat cheese for tomorrow and YAY.

Pumpkin looks like newborn breastmilk poop.

Pecan pie tastes like nuts dumped into straight sugar and goopy gelatin. And it looks worse.

• Winner

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Green bean casserole is literally the best side and it’s not even close. It’s the only thing that can stand on its own without gravy. It’s got multiple textures and flavors, it’s pure perfection

No way to say this and not have it be weird but I really want you to cook me a meal someday. Like know how you can buy experiences at charity auction type things? I'd pay $$ for a 2015 cooked meal. Must include Texas State Fair winning cookie.

• Friendly
Reactions: ISUCyclones2015

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I think whatever meat you choose for Thanksgiving is a given. This poll clearly has been about the sides, and I'm totally good with that. Carry on.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
I get 2 different types of stuffing every year as my wife can't stand my mom's and my mom doesn't care for my wife's, but I like both so we generally get both. My mom's uses the giblets and toasts the bread first making it have a nice firm texture while my wife's has a little more flavor and is softer.

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
I would happily throw both pumpkin and pecan pie in the garbage in favor of an apple crumble or cherry pie.
I voted for pecan pie but even I totally agree with this take. Fruit pies are in a tier at the top all by themselves. That's why there are always fruit pie options at my family's Thanksgiving meals.

• Friendly

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It’s taters and gravy with dark turkey meat second. Corn as a veggie, especially if you froze some from the summer. Nothing better than Iowa sweet corn.

Where’s butter on the list? Butter base on the turkey (doing a compound butter on mine.), butter on corn, butter on rolls, and even butter on the taters.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
It’s taters and gravy with dark turkey meat second. Corn as a veggie, especially if you froze some from the summer. Nothing better than Iowa sweet corn.

Where’s butter on the list? Butter base on the turkey (doing a compound butter on mine.), butter on corn, butter on rolls, and even butter on the taters.
And butter in the stuffing!!!

This may be a hot take but I'm 100% serious. Potatoes with butter are as good as potatoes with gravy.