We will be fine

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Babb is quite simply not an aggressive or confident basketball player. He would quite possibly be a NBA caliber player if he was, but it's just not his personality.

Wigginton is however. So hopefully they can sort of be like yin and yang together. Between Wigginton, THT and Shayok, I don't think we lack aggressive offensive players.

The biggest weakness(es) tonight was rebounding and defense.
Everytime Cook got a putback dunk, there were 3-4 ISU players ball watching and not boxing out.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Sorry, not going to temper my expectations.

This isn't a season ending loss by any means, but it isn't what anyone would consider positive. Sorry if you can't deal with that reality.

What were your expectations? Remember, we were the worst team in the big 12 last year, and have been missing major pieces all year including 2 this game.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Yes but no...

To explain, they won't be ranked by the end of the season. Come selection/seeding time this game can make a difference.

This game in (1) early December (2) on the road to (3) an NCAA Tournament squad will (4) have no impact on our seed in March.

Guys this team that we have has the possibility to be really really good. I think they are the 4th best team in the Big 12 without Wiggs and Cameron just coming back. I think they have the talent to go 12-6 in the Big 12.

• Agree
Reactions: KKramer

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Yes but no...

To explain, they won't be ranked by the end of the season. Come selection/seeding time this game can make a difference.

Iowa will make the tournament this year. They will have non con wins against us, Oregon and UCONN. They are probably a #7-#9 seed at the end of the year.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
What were your expectations? Remember, we were the worst team in the big 12 last year, and have been missing major pieces all year including 2 this game.
My hopes were to at least compete for the Big XII this season.

Yes, I understand this kind of loss happens. It isn't the end of the season. It doesn't mean the end of the world.

It certainly set the peg a notch or two down on the expectation level.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
This game in (1) early December (2) on the road to (3) an NCAA Tournament squad will (4) have no impact on our seed in March.

Guys this team that we have has the possibility to be really really good. I think they are the 4th best team in the Big 12 without Wiggs and Cameron just coming back. I think they have the talent to go 12-6 in the Big 12.
I'd prefer a better than 4th finish in conference.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I'd prefer a better than 4th finish in conference.

So what are you expectations. I just watch Kansas get taken to OT by an exponentially worse team than Iowa on their home floor last weekend.