We need new UNI's

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I have never been a big fan of our uniforms since we switched to the "I-State" logo, though I do love that we got rid of the blue and incorporated more cardinal and gold in our color schemes, but I thought our uniforms looked great today. I don't know what it is, but something was making them stand out. Maybe it was the redness of the helmet against the gray sky.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I really like the matte helmets that some teams have now. I wish we'd do something like that. Our UNI's aren't the greatest I've ever seen, but IMO they are 10x better than anything we've ever had.

only4cy

Nov 21, 2006
I never realized there were so many teenage girls posting on this site until someone starts a uniform thread.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think that one simple thing we could do to make them look better is to put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. That's just my opinion.

Our main problem, and always will be, is that we are "cyclones" and not some kind of animal or something? That might sound silly, but it's true. The only other team I can think of that is like us might be the Miami "Hurricanes". But they choose not to put a "hurricane" on their helmets either.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Check any list of ugliest uniforms in college football and ISU is on it. And as for the teenage girl comment, if you don't think uniforms at some level influence an overall perception of your team and thus influence recruiting and fan support, you are a fool. Why do you think these schools are doing all of these unique designs? It's not for the fashion show, it's to raise the visibility of their programs.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Check any list of ugliest uniforms in college football and ISU is on it. And as for the teenage girl comment, if you don't think uniforms at some level influence an overall perception of your team and thus influence recruiting and fan support, you are a fool. Why do you think these schools are doing all of these unique designs? It's not for the fashion show, it's to raise the visibility of their programs.

It's on there because we're Iowa State, not because the uniforms are actually ugly. These are the same tools that will usually rate USC in their top 10 best uniforms, and while I'm not saying we copied USC (because we didn't - we went back into our history for our uniforms), they are similar.

I don't know what you actually want to do with our uniforms - any combination that Nike could or would come out for us would end up in a top 10 ugly list.