We need new UNI's

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Yes, we won, everything is awesome today....

But, our uni's are awful. Red and yellow stripes don't work. Look at TCU's uni's, solid colors and they look bad ***. I don't know if we can do solid colors with our cardinal and gold but we've got to be able to put some sort of uni together that at least looks good. Throw some money at Nike and let them work their magic.

Some may not agree that having a bad *** uniform matters but I would argue that a good looking uniform helps with the overall image of the program and thus helps recruiting, fan support, revenue from Cyclone merchandise sales, etc.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE

But, our uni's are awful. Red and yellow stripes don't work. Look at TCU's uni's, solid colors and they look bad ***. I don't know if we can do solid colors with our cardinal and gold but we've got to be able to put some sort of uni together that at least looks good. Throw some money at Nike and let them work their magic.

Some may not agree that having a bad *** uniform matters but I would argue that a good looking uniform helps with the overall image of the program and thus helps recruiting, fan support, revenue from Cyclone merchandise sales, etc.
As long as they don't get something like the alternate uniforms that Nebraska and Wisconsin used last week. Maybe some chrome-cardinal helmets?

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Those NU/UW unis were Adidas and they were awful. What happened to TCU's Purple chromes?

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Really? These uniforms are are probably my favorite ISU unis we've ever had.:confused:

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
Those NU/UW unis were Adidas and they were awful. What happened to TCU's Purple chromes?
Heard they ditched them this week after the QB got the DUI. I usually go for traditional stuff, but the chrome helmets Oregon uses are sweet! That's a modern trend that does look really good.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Given ISU's uniform history they should probably wear these for the next 100 years with zero changes.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
For the record, I am serious and I'm watching the replay as Lenz scored his second TD and the McDonalds Arch's on his shoulders are staring at me.

If that's the best we can do style wise, very sad.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
For the record, I am serious and I'm watching the replay as Lenz scored his second TD and the McDonalds Arch's on his shoulders are staring at me.

If that's the best we can do style wise, very sad.

I was hoping CPR would adjust something after the Chiz left, but in the end it's his call. I don't like the gold stripes either, but they're better than Mac's unis. You see the Northwestern uniforms today? Sad. We look a lot better than that.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Sad thing about Oregon ... 10000 uni combinations and millions of dollars... 0 national titles

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

No, they're not. Best we've had, probably ever.

Given ISU's uniform history they should probably wear these for the next 100 years with zero changes.

I wouldn't say no to Nike's Flywire collar, assuming it's the same color as the jersey (really wouldn't change the jersey much). Also wouldn't say no if Nike came to us wanting to do Pro Combat unis for us for a week.