We know that we matter :)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
After all the times of hearing, "Oh, it's ISU's Super Bowl," or "The game matters more to you guys," or "Well, beating Iowa State really doesn't matter," I noticed that there were a lot more people on the field than the football team's roster would contain immediately after the game.

It was almost as if their students (and maybe others) had stormed the field, as though they won a big game or something.

In short, they found out that Iowa State matters, and they won a big game. Good job, Cyclones. Hold your heads high. We have their attention now.:yes:

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Did you see JC? He made a mad dash for the ISU sideline looking for the trophy. Yeah, the game doesn't matter to Iowa at all. Right.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I also am very proud of ISU's fanbase. We don't go into nuclear meltdown mode after a loss. I listened to the after-game show. Most thought we didn't do enough to win. Bad calls and breaks against us, for sure, but we didn't do enough to win. I think we will continue to improve. I do like the athleticism and attitude of a Chizik coached team. Give it time, I think we are going to have some fun football to watch in the future, and we don't have to boo our players off the field to get them to perform!!!!

Reactions: CTAClone

REDCYBIRD

Mar 27, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Did you see JC? He made a mad dash for the ISU sideline looking for the trophy. Yeah, the game doesn't matter to Iowa at all. Right.

JC along with King already holding the trophy before time expired. Add to that all the "Beat State" t-shirts and the crowd "Stoming the field". Na it's just another game. And they call us "clowns".:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I hope someone Tubes that game ending chant of "Hawk-Eye-State" for reference next year, so we can prove to them that it is the winner of the game who owns the state. :wink:

('specially since I know who'll win next season)

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
This series is HUGE. After a week of media coverage, "we now interrupt Inside Edition to bring you a post-game report" special broadcasts.

This series is relevant because of the parity of the programs. It's exciting, high in entertainment value for the entire state and that is because of the similar talent, coaching and fan enthusiasm.

In the 80s this wouldn't be anything near what it is now. It's good for fans, good for businesses and good for the state of Iowa. This game does matter to both programs and it's always a big win for the victors.

Congrats to the Hawkeye fans on your team winning a "edge of your seat" game.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
This series is HUGE. After a week of media coverage, "we now interrupt Inside Edition to bring you a post-game report" special broadcasts.

This series is relevant because of the parity of the programs. It's exciting, high in entertainment value for the entire state and that is because of the similar talent, coaching and fan enthusiasm.

In the 80s this wouldn't be anything near what it is now. It's good for fans, good for businesses and good for the state of Iowa. This game does matter to both programs and it's always a big win for the victors.

Congrats to the Hawkeye fans on your team winning a "edge of your seat" game.

Nice post and yes, congrat to the Hawks!!!! After tonight Fanatics, time to move onto UNLV!

Z

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
no one is saying this game doesnt matter. we are saying its about time they took us serious. we are the better team i still believe. in better playing conditions we could have thrown the ball up field a lot more which was the best plan of attack IMO. still sucks to see them win, but now they know we are for real and we arent gonna roll over

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
My roommate, just back from the game, said that we clearly outplayed them in the third quarter. That was what sucked--we were so much better, and still came out of it further behind.

Well, there's always tomorrow. :wink:

It's safe to say that we were better until it mattered. Then they played better. Oh, it hurts to type that.:no::wideeyed::no:

Still, if we have played all upperclassmen instead of freshmen and sophomores, would we even be in this game? Just part of the growth process.

hawkpride

Sep 13, 2008
Just because you outplayed the hawks in the 3rd quarter doesn't mean you're a better team. There is 4 quarters in a game as I'm sure you know.

And come on guys... who are we kidding? We all know this is a huge game on both sides of the state. No one is taking this game lightly and no one has been. ISU beat iowa in 2002 and that loss for the hawks probably kept them out of a national championship! And you think we're just now taking the cyclones seriously???? Come on you guys have won fair and square more times than not in the last 10 years. Believe me we take the cyclones seriously and this win is a big win for the hawks.

hawkpride

Sep 13, 2008
And don't be mistaken... unless it comes down to a last second play or a fluke play, the better team wins 99% of the time. The hawks made more plays and less mistakes today. They are the better team no matter how badly they performed in the 3rd quarter.

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
Iowa has the better team this year. Iowa had the better team for that 15-year stretch of victories.

However the talent enormous talent gap is gone, and I would say that generally both football programs are on equal footing. As ISU fans, we should always be weary of playing the Hawkeyes. I would say in confidence that they are a peer football program. I am not sure that many Iowa fans feel the same way about the Cyclones, and that is where much of the rub with ISU fans lie.

There is justification for smack talk during this week. But there is no reason on either side for arrogance from either fan base.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
And don't be mistaken... unless it comes down to a last second play or a fluke play, the better team wins 99% of the time. The hawks made more plays and less mistakes today. They are the better team no matter how badly they performed in the 3rd quarter.

Please remind me who the better team was in 2002 and 2005.

I've yet to hear any Hawk admit we were the better team in those years.

hawkpride

Sep 13, 2008
Absolutely, I'm willing to admit LSU and ISU were better teams in those years. lf not overall better teams, atleast comparable. Those games came down to the last few minutes. That's a classic example of a game that couldn't quite distinguish who the better team was throughout 3 quarters. Iowa proved tonight that overall (running game, and shut down defense included) that they can compete with a wide-variety of teams.

And for ISU teams that think Iowa is going to go on to the big ten and become a floormat give me a break.

The big ten overall is worse than the big 12. I'll admit that. But if the big ten is overall worse than the Big 12 than shouldn't some big 12 teams step up and prove that? Lets see it.... If ISU can't compete with IA then their competition with the Big12 is a joke.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron