We don't want you and we don't need you.

Cyclone29

Jul 21, 2009
A good friend always uses this saying to fans of his own team who got too negative on a bad year and I can't help but agree with him lately after reading many posts.

Let me remind you all something.

-We as fans all want more. Always have and always will. 11-1 we would want to be 12-0.

-Our team and staff have gone to bowl games in 3 of the last 4 years?

-This forum was lit up at the start of the season wondering what "dragon" we were going to slay this year for an upset....... Last time I checked we still have games to play and we have "slayed" with our back ups before. Thank you Tiller and J.B. for your hard work.

-I heard jokes how Chuck Norris wears Paul Rhoads underwear

-I read "Quick extend Rhoads contract before he leaves!!!"

-I've had conversations of "We finally got a guy who wants to stay in Ames."

Fast Forward 2 months -> We want to fire every single person?

As far as I can see we have a lot of good things going for us and I feel bad for those who can not see it or are to angry to look for it. Unfortunately progress doesn't always carry over into the Win and Loss column and you can not prevent injuries, transfers, or the foolish mistakes of young men.

So I'll end with this if you want to complain about the team. We dont want you and we dont need you.

Fire away

Reactions: Cyclone06

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
tumblr_miwa7mLbU01qgcra2o1_500.gif

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
Some critics may be as you say. Others, however, have been significantly more measured and reasonable than you seem willing to admit. We see the good and we see the bad, we weight them, we give credit due and, when it seems necessary, we ask for change.

Blind faith is one way to be a fan, but not my way.

A good friend always uses this saying to fans of his own team who got too negative on a bad year and I can't help but agree with him lately after reading many posts.

-We as fans all want more. Always have and always will. 11-1 we would want to be 12-0.

-This forum was lit up at the start of the season wondering what "dragon" we were going to slay this year for an upset....... Last time I checked we still have games to play and we have "slayed" with our back ups before. Thank you Tiller and J.B. for your hard work.

As far as I can see we have a lot of good things going for us and I feel bad for those who can not see it or are to angry to look for it. Unfortunately progress doesn't always carry over into the Win and Loss column and you can not prevent injuries, transfers, or the foolish mistakes of young men.

So I'll end with this if you want to complain about the team. We dont want you and we dont need you.

Fire away

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
This team has won one game, and lost bad to UNI. We can be upset. We can want changes. This oh well lets wait till next year **** gets old. I have been waiting for next year for the last 12 years and really it hasn't got a lot better. 2 things that are really getting on my nerves. One is all the ******* excuses, from fans to the staff. Just say it admit it this team isn't very good. When things are not good changes have to be made. 2nd is fans telling me I have to be ok with a team that sucks. I hate to lose, I hate to wait, I hate getting my *** kicked.

If you are happy with an offense that is ranked in the bottom 90 of every category, what is wrong with you. If you are ok with the staff doing the same old thing week after week, thinking for some reason it will all of a sudden work, what is wrong with you. All these coaches get paid a lot of money to do their jobs, they need to get the job done or be ready to look for a new job. I have 85% faith in CPR, but there are coaches on this staff that should in no way be back next year, if they are back, my faith in CPR getting the job done at ISU really will fall.

Cyclone29

Jul 21, 2009
I can already tell how you introduce yourself.... " Hi, Have you met me?" followed by a firm handshake with the thought of "its nice to meet me, isnt it?" in your head.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4000 Cubans who are trained to kill me, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash a badge, and make me nervous.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
Some critics may be as you say. Others, however, have been significantly more measured and reasonable than you seem willing to admit. We see the good and we see the bad, we weight them, we give credit due and, when it seems necessary, we ask for change.

Blind faith is one way to be a fan, but not my way.

Reasonable statement. Some of us see what you see, but...... realize that the constant ******** and moaning does NOTHING!!! Except maybe make life hell for those around us.

Don't take this as being directed at you personally, because I don't read a perpetual spewing of crap coming from your posts. Just pointing out yet another way some of us see, and deal with things.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

Fire away

It is a "What have you done for us lately" type of sport.

...when JP demands support from the fans in money and attendance...the fans expect something back.

We dont want you and we dont need you is not a stance Iowa State can afford and the sentiment is silly.