We are Nebraska now

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
The basketball season isn't even anywhere near over for a lot of teams, and the vast majority of new articles and postings are about football. We are Nebraska.
giphy.gif

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
This is why I posted this thread. March 10, lots of teams are still playing basketball, and the front page is FIVE FOOTBALL ARTICLES.

Screenshot at 2018-03-10 08-39-03_zpsyxebwckp.jpg

For years, I used to make fun of Nebraska for football-heavy coverage in the Omaha World Herald when the basketball season was still strong.
4 of the 5 are on the same topic. Basketball is over for us this year. It makes sense that writers turn to football when spring ball is just around the corner. If there is basketball recruiting news or a player transfers or anything like that I'm sure they will have articles for that too. I think I would even guarantee they have some articles about specific players and the outlooks for next year etc.

We aren't Nebby.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
This is why I posted this thread. March 10, lots of teams are still playing basketball, and the front page is FIVE FOOTBALL ARTICLES.

For years, I used to make fun of Nebraska for football-heavy coverage in the Omaha World Herald when the basketball season was still strong.
But as Cyched said, Iowa State's season is over and the team is no longer playing. I love college basketball and am really excited the NCAA tournament, but why would Cyclone Fanatic, an Iowa State website, cover those teams? Plus, as CyArob said, spring football's starting up. I think you're wrong, but if you actually think we're a football school, you're going to need to explain better how this shows it. Because Cyclone Fanatic publishing football stories after the basketball season is over, and right around when spring football is starting doesn't show that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

We just had major announcements about football and basketball season is done. We are also going into spring training.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Based on the threads and thread titles I've seen so far, I think OP should have just stopped with the first four letters of his screen name:
Un-Cy

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Wow, what a terrible thread. Suddenly because we barely made a bowl, we are Nebraska in football (who has several National Championships), and suddenly because Nebraska is good enough in basketball to probably go to the NIT, they are as good as ISU in basketball (who has accomplished WAY more in basketball than Nebraska). Got it.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Wow, what a terrible thread. Suddenly because we barely made a bowl, we are Nebraska in football (who has several National Championships), and suddenly because Nebraska is good enough in basketball to probably go to the NIT, they are as good as ISU in basketball (who has accomplished WAY more in basketball than Nebraska). Got it.
I mean the thread isn't great, but I think you missed the entire point of why it's bad

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

This is a golden age of ISU Football. I suggest we all enjoy what's happening with that team.

Let's read all 5 articles and start planning to meet up for the Big 12 Championship game

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

My recruiting article has 2 basketball offers.

Reactions: Acylum