WBB: What about having UConn in the Big 12?

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
It definitely would be worse from a W-L standpoint, but for the conference it would be a boost I would think. Would be even more of a meat grinder.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
It would cement Bug 12 WBB as the premiere league with increased national televised games this league definitely lost cache losing Texas A&M. It would be a recruiting opportunity, it would help in RPI and in making the tournament but I doubt isu would ever compete for big 12 title again, but now that looks questionable anyway

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The good news is Baylor would never win the Women's championship again. The bad news is nobody but UConn would ever win it, either. At least until Geno decides to hang it up. UConn is so dominant at this point sometimes I wonder why anyone else even bothers.

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
The good news is Baylor would never win the Women's championship again. The bad news is nobody but UConn would ever win it, either. At least until Geno decides to hang it up. UConn is so dominant at this point sometimes I wonder why anyone else even bothers.

While I agree with most of this sentiment, they thought the same thing about UCLA back in the Wooden days. Of course, it really didn't change much until Wooden retired.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

I actually think Baylor could beat this year's UConn team. It isn't like UConn has been blowing out good teams this year. Maryland, Notre Dame, and South Carolina all game them a run for their money with close games that stretched to 10 point victories with foul shots increasing the spread at the end.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
While I agree with most of this sentiment, they thought the same thing about UCLA back in the Wooden days. Of course, it really didn't change much until Wooden retired.

Gave me a flashback to watching the big game from the Astro Dome on TV back when I was in HS.

main_3-Elvin-Hayes-Signed-Houston-Game-of-the-Century-16x20-Photo-of-1968-Sports-Illustrated-Magazine-Cover-JSA-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg

ArgieFBFan

Mar 9, 2016
Would this possible addition of Cincy & UConn be on theWBB side only? Because I heard thatIdaho and NMState were joining to make the FB side eligible for a ConferenceChampionship – and the Big 12 would go to Divisional play again: North – ISU,KU, KSU, OU, WVA, & Idaho … South – UT, BU, TCU, TT, OSU, NMState. MBB would be an unbalanced schedule …

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
Would this possible addition of Cincy & UConn be on theWBB side only? Because I heard thatIdaho and NMState were joining to make the FB side eligible for a ConferenceChampionship – and the Big 12 would go to Divisional play again: North – ISU,KU, KSU, OU, WVA, & Idaho … South – UT, BU, TCU, TT, OSU, NMState.MBB would be an unbalanced schedule …

Did Travis Hines tell you this, based on his many, many sources?