WBB: Miscellaneous Thread for 2020-21 Season

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow - if true.
I set up ESPN+ yesterday, so I am ready to go! I just said how much I was looking forward to seeing the freshman. But, I only expected 1 starter out of the bunch.

Now that winter is here being stuck at home alone is going to suck so I am REALLY looking forward to some hoops. Renewed ESPN+ yesterday.

Coach or someone had said earlier that Feuerbach was "behind" due to an ankle injury IIRC so her starting in place of Wise is a bit of a surprise, at least to me. Ryan, maybe not so much a surprise as Coach has never taken a liking to Johnson.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I would guess Emily will be a shooting guard with Lexi at point. Should be interesting to see how they blend together for this game. It’s a safe one to try this out. Would guess we will see Rae back in along with M&M when she’s available.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I need to get my espn+ renewed very pronto. There's quite a few games around the country I'd like to re-watch. I'm particularly interested in how Donarski turns out for the Clones. I just think that girl has real potential.

Reactions: Jimr

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Welp Iowa took UNI to the woodshed tonite. Cold shooting by UNI in the 1st qtr didn't help them, then Iowa went to town in the 3rd.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was looking at South Carolina schedule. They will have five games under their belt by the time they come to Ames on the 6th. Including three at South Dakota in a little mini-tourney this weekend. South Dakota (receiving votes) , #21 Gonzaga and Oklahoma this weekend and #8 NC State next week. Going to be no bugs left for them to workout.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
South Carolina is the real deal. They put 5 complete players on the floor. This will be a real test. Arkansas is also looking really good this year. I won't be surprised if they upset Baylor in a few days. BU is a little dysfunctional right now. Unless Didi comes back and the rest of the starters get out of the dog house there's going to be some growing pains.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was checking scores and see that South Carolina is playing Gonzaga rather than SD vs Gonzaga this afternoon and Gonzago is playing South Dakota tomorrow and not today. Looked into that and saw that Oklahoma had to pull out because "...could not meet player availability thresholds due to COVID-19." Kinda messed up the three team round-robin so SD gets a day off and will play Gonzaga on Monday.

Shades of things to come for the season unless we stay diligent and lucky. And not understating lucky. I appreciate how the players have made this happen so far but there is some luck involved.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Was checking scores and see that South Carolina is playing Gonzaga rather than SD vs Gonzaga this afternoon and Gonzago is playing South Dakota tomorrow and not today. Looked into that and saw that Oklahoma had to pull out because "...could not meet player availability thresholds due to COVID-19." Kinda messed up the three team round-robin so SD gets a day off and will play Gonzaga on Monday.

Shades of things to come for the season unless we stay diligent and lucky. And not understating lucky. I appreciate how the players have made this happen so far but there is some luck involved.
Eventually I am afraid community spread will do basketball in for the season. Too many people will not behave responsibly. Cannot keep these kids in a NBA type bubble.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Eventually I am afraid community spread will do basketball in for the season. Too many people will not behave responsibly. Cannot keep these kids in a NBA type bubble.

The Gophers women’s basketball team will open the season Wednesday against Eastern Illinois with a roster that, because of injuries and illness, has been trimmed to seven available players. - Star Tribune

They are expected to only have these seven for their game against Drake on Sunday also.

https://www.startribune.com/illness...men-with-just-7-players-for-opener/573237031/

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

I've got connections to players on Illinois St's wbb team. Their first 3 games have all been canceled.

Help Support Us

Become a patron