WBB: ISU vs Oklahoma State 6:30 p.m. EPSN+

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The three percentage and number of them has been crazy the last two games.

Assuming no more three attempts tonight, the gals are 35 of 73 from deep the last two games and hitting at a 48% clip. About twice what we were hitting in NC there for a while.

Lexi is 11-14 from deep the last two games. :oops: That's a wow percentage.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Great game by Wise tonight. Great team effort and Joens was her usual all-American self but, my-o-my, Wise did a stellar JOB - hope she keeps it up the rest of the season!!!

She hadn't had a good game in a long time and now has two GREAT games back-to-back. Double-double Sunday and critical effort in the paint tonight. Seems she has her mojo back. :)

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Maddy works so hard! I do admit that I was frustrated that Mack was allowed to just run over Maddy several times. Once she plowed over her knocking her to the floor and not call! If a charge was called even once she might not have been so aggressive.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Things I liked this game, Kane rim running in the 1st qtr :) . Rae's on the floor rebound with a nice pass too bad the shot didn't drop. Shooting wow 2 games in a row of making it RAIN! Free throw shooting continues to be exceptional. I know we gave up 80 but I thought we played pretty good defense. Whenever OSU started to close it up we had a answer.

This team is reminding me of some of our late 90's early 2000 teams. They play hard, shoot well, and are a lot of fun to watch. I know they are young and we don't have a ton of size, but boy they sure a pleasure to watch.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
What I like about this team is - you have to guard all five of them. Everybody can shoot the ball and it is from all over the floor. There was a lot of poise last night with OSU made runs, we didn't panic and hit big shots when we needed them. Our freshman are not afraid to take big shots, which is great. Madi Wise has been incredible the last two games, so much confidence in her game right now.

Reactions: NWICY

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
Things I liked this game, Kane rim running in the 1st qtr :) . Rae's on the floor rebound with a nice pass too bad the shot didn't drop. Shooting wow 2 games in a row of making it RAIN! Free throw shooting continues to be exceptional. I know we gave up 80 but I thought we played pretty good defense. Whenever OSU started to close it up we had a answer.

This team is reminding me of some of our late 90's early 2000 teams. They play hard, shoot well, and are a lot of fun to watch. I know they are young and we don't have a ton of size, but boy they sure a pleasure to watch.

Probably the most impressive stat to me was out rebounding OSU.

Reactions: Cytasticlone