WBB: ISU @ South Dakota State 2pm

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

Where: Brookings, S.D. - Brookings, S.D.
When: Saturday, Nov. 28 at 2 p.m.
Projected Starting Lineup: Kristin Scott, Ashley Joens, Kylie Feuerbach, Emily Ryan, Lexi Donarski
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Noah Wolf, John Walters
TV: MC 22 or ESPN3
Talent: Tom Nieman, Brad Newitt

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
You have MC22 if you have Mediacom cable, of course.

For ESPN3, you have it if you have an internet provider or tv provider on this list (which does include many streaming tv providers):

If your internet provider is on the list, you should have it automatically when using that internet provider. If you don't, but you have a tv provider on the list, you need to link your tv provider (under Settings) and then you should have access. I highly recommend trying to play something on ESPN3 prior to game time. The ISU - Texas fb replay is listed as ESPN3 in the "top picks" section, so that would be an excellent choice.

I have AT&T internet, Youtube tv, and ESPN+. The only one of those three things that gets me ESPN3 access is YouTube tv. AT&T u-verse is on the list, but that's just the tv service, not AT&T internet.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Cyclone.com's pre-game summary almost never mentions anything about the opponent so here goes my hack amatuer summary. This will likely be tougher than last years road trip to the Dakotas (NDSU) which was a bit of a cake walk. We have never played South Dakota State. South Dakota State was #2 seed in the Summit last year to South Dakota. They beat Notre Dame in Cancun last year in one of those holiday tourneys. Both South Dakota State and South Dakota are in the "receiving votes" category in the AP poll. The Summit is a pretty decent WBB league. This is their opener so we have an advantage of having a game under our belt (need to look no further than the 1st quarter in Hilton a couple of days ago to know what that might mean, at least early on). They will be playing a good NC strength of schedule building slate with ISU, Gonzaga, Kansas State, UNI and Drake.

Here's the Jackrabbit site pre-game writeup:
https://gojacks.com/news/2020/11/27...abbits-open-season-with-no-15-iowa-state.aspx

What they say about their players (red bold is my highlighting) :

About South Dakota State
Paiton Burckhard averaged a team-best 14.2 points and ranked second on the team with 5.7 rebounds per game after starting all 32 contests that she appeared in last season. The junior scored a career-best 27 points to lead the Jacks to a home victory over North Dakota and reached double-figures in 26 contests, including 20-plus points in seven games. In Summit League play she scored 253 points (15.8 ppg) and pulled down 99 rebounds. Additionally, she ranked first in the Summit League in field goal percentage (54.3 percent), third in field goals made (178), fourth in free throw percentage (80.2 percent), and sixth in points per game (14.2) and total points (455). Burckhard registered her third double-double in the win over Western Illinois with 11 points and a career-best 12 rebounds. She added added 57 assists, 23 steals and 11 blocks on the season. The Aberdeen native earned Preseason All-Summit League First Team honors after being selected to the All-Summit League First Team for the 2019-20 season.

Myah Selland returns to repeat her junior season after playing in just nine contests last season before suffering a season-ending foot injury. She averaged 13.8 points and 3.0 assists per game. The junior shot 55.8 percent (48-of-86) from the field. Selland turned in season-bests of seven assists in the Jacks' win over Notre Dame and 20 points against FGCU. A Preseason All-Summit League First Team honoree for the Jacks, the Letcher native averaged 12.5 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game while ranking second on the team in assists (108) and blocked shots (18) during the 2018-19 season.

Tylee Irwin enters her senior campaign with 744 career points and 104 career steals. Irwin finished second on the team in minutes played for the 2019-20 season, averaging 27.6 minutes per game. Last season, the Wahpeton, N.D. native scored a season-best 18 points in the Jackrabbits' semifinals victory over North Dakota State. Against North Dakota, Irwin pulled down a season-high 10 boards. She blocked a career-best three shots against Omaha and Western Illinois. In Summit League play, the senior averaged 9.7 points and 5.3 rebounds per game. Irwin earned a spot on the Preseason All-Summit League Second Team for the second consecutive season.

Lindsey Theuninck averaged 24.5 minutes and 4.8 points per game last season. In the win over Chattanooga, the junior scored a career-high 13 points in her first-ever start as a Jackrabbit. A native of Mankato, Minn., Theuninck earned a starting assignment in 12 contests. At Denver she made a career-best three 3-pointers.

Sydney Stapleton averaged 17.1 minutes and 5.5 points per game off the bench a season ago. The junior from Blaine, Minn. turned in a career performance against Coppin State, shooting 5-of-10 from the 3-point line and totaling 17 points. She ranked second on the squad from beyond the arc with a total 38 3-pointers.

The duo of Kallie Theisen and Tori Nelson return for their sophomore seasons. Nelson, the reigning Summit League Freshman of the Year, averaged 22.7 minutes per game and Theisen averaged 15.9. Nelson posted the squads first double-double of the season in the win over Notre Dame. She also scored a career-best 23 points against Coppin State. Nelson helped the squad to a semifinals win over North Dakota State with a team-best 21 points. Nelson started in 19 games for the Jackrabbits and averaged 10.1 points per game in Summit League action. Theisen appeared in 14 games before suffering a season ending injury.

Juniors Jordan Ferrand and Addison Hirschman appeared in 18 games, while redshirt sophomore Lauren Rongisch played in 15 contests.

Haley Greer joins the Jackrabbits as a graduate transfer after spending four years at Colgate. Greer, a 5-10 guard from Winnetka, Ill., comes in after leading Colgate in 3-pointers made (34) and blocked shots (23) while averaging 8.1 points per game
in 2019-20. Greer reached a career-high of 18 points in Colgate's regular season finale against Lehigh.

A trio of freshmen in Emily Herzberg, Madysen Vlastuin and Mesa Byom will round out the 2020-21 roster.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yeah, I'll be out taking advantage of the weather today, so I'll be catching this game as a replay.

Thinking I might need to do the same since with shorter days and no daylight saving time 2 to 3:30 or so is going to be optimum for nice weather outside.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Now with said link above I'll I'm getting is your event is about to begin please stand by and I know the game has started. This is some horse****!

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup