Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I really would like to be there Saturday to see the TX game. This team has the potential to beat them. Should be a great game. But lord willing I will be in Ft Worth Saturday watching the BU-TCU game. You folks need to bring your friends, your neighbors, your enemies and even your dogs and cats to root the sisters on. Good luck.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
The girls are doing great, but don't get all crazy about what you expect of this team. The game against Texas will be really tough. They have all kinds of top 5 and top 10 recruits on that team and they are very well coached. I still like our girls for the win, but it will be a real test. I'm looking forward to it.

I really like watching this team. They play so well as a team - great chemistry; I think this has a lot to do with Carleton who is a superstar but pulls the team into her plays and sticks her nose in on defense. Whatever it is, this is a fun team to watch.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I really would like to be there Saturday to see the TX game. This team has the potential to beat them. Should be a great game. But lord willing I will be in Ft Worth Saturday watching the BU-TCU game. You folks need to bring your friends, your neighbors, your enemies and even your dogs and cats to root the sisters on. Good luck.

Should be a good crowd. Sort of a double header day with the guys playing KSU earlier in Hilton at 11:00. And now thinking maybe I should buzz down for both.

And, at Hilton, I expect to win this game. No reason from what we have seen at home so far to expect anything else but it will take our A game.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

To be fair, who has Texas really beaten this year? Michigan with an RPI of 69 is their best win. I know it is a roster of top talent, and it seems that they all get into the action. I know it will be a tough game for the Cyclones just from the athletic perspective, but something seems a miss right now with this team still after losing Higgs.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I found this interesting, http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology.

Iowa State is at a #3 seed in his latest projections. This was before the TCU game too.

Also, for those interested, I have seen Bridget as high as #12 pick in the projected WNBA mock drafts.

Bridget is near where Lacey (#10) went in the draft. I think Bridget has a better chance of getting to and staying in the big league.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Bridget is near where Lacey (#10) went in the draft. I think Bridget has a better chance of getting to and staying in the big league.
Bridget is that all around player that always will have a spot on a WNBA roster. Watching her dribble the end line and put the reverse layup in (or pass for the wide open 3) is a joy.

I also like that we had to play quite a bit against a full court press from TCU...Texas will bring athletes against us the whole game.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
To be fair, who has Texas really beaten this year? Michigan with an RPI of 69 is their best win. I know it is a roster of top talent, and it seems that they all get into the action. I know it will be a tough game for the Cyclones just from the athletic perspective, but something seems a miss right now with this team still after losing Higgs.
Well they haven't beaten any ranked teams. And have struggled quite a bit against several lesser teams. But they continue to eke out wins. If ISU loses to them they will continue on as the prophets have predicted. Beat them and the experts will start scratching their heads.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
ISU swimming and diving has a meet at 1pm in Beyer against UNI. Could make for an ISU sports triple-header!

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009

I just hope she gets drafted by the right team. Lacey getting drafted by the Storm was somewhat unfortunate: it was a solid team that already had Sue Bird, so she had to ride the bench behind her and Svetlana Abrosimova (another UConn product). Yes, she won WNBA championship but she didn't play much.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Blum was pushing hard last night on the radio for a huge crowd for the women's game. But I'm not seeing much push anywhere else, including here in the WBB forum.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I just hope she gets drafted by the right team. Lacey getting drafted by the Storm was somewhat unfortunate: it was a solid team that already had Sue Bird, so she had to ride the bench behind her and Svetlana Abrosimova (another UConn product). Yes, she won WNBA championship but she didn't play much.

And to this day our only WNBA player? Eight years ago already! Back when the Storm were in town to play the Lynx:

49519707_378713646371088_1228638488090378240_n.jpg

Reactions: runbikeswim

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Blum was pushing hard last night on the radio for a huge crowd for the women's game. But I'm not seeing much push anywhere else, including here in the WBB forum.

I posted in off topic take your MBB tkt to the ticket office get a WBB tkt for $3. The women are playing well enough this yr the casual BB fan will be entertained by them. They are playing fun ball.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
And to this day our only WNBA player? Eight years ago already! Back when the Storm were in town to play the Lynx:

Correct - I actually hoped that Seanna would be the next one as she has the unique skillset. It's mind boggling that she didn't even get a chance to play overseas.

Also, this was the time when the Lynx tickets were dirt cheap. I think I paid 20 or 30 bucks for a seat behind the courtside.