WBB: General Thread of Cyclones Women's Hoops 2021-2022 Season

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Pretty sure it is the Attack gym out by the BB practice facility. It's windows were made to look like State Gym. 1st time I've ever seen a picture of the inside. No seating in State plus I think the track is still in state it was a few yrs ago when I poked my head in it.
The windows are exactly what made me think it was State Gym. If it was I was going to add they really remodeled the interior since my days.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The windows are exactly what made me think it was State Gym. If it was I was going to add they really remodeled the interior since my days.

A few yrs back when I poked my head in State there were a bunch of mirrors set up on the walls, I was guessing maybe they were using it for dance classes or something. Not sure if they still play intramurals there anymore.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Here's the latest Naymer Diew's Instagram post about her injury and her attitude. We've got a special person in our WBB program and I hope she bounces back from this setback better than ever.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Hey, anybody in IC has more intel about this? Do you guys think it'd be a good idea for the Jones sisters to use their N.I.L. to help raise some money?

Our association president had a pipe break in the utility room, because of a heater malfunction and is forcing the tenants to pay. With covid, our sales are down and we need the money to remain open, or we could lose our business.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Pretty sure it is the Attack gym out by the BB practice facility. It's windows were made to look like State Gym. 1st time I've ever seen a picture of the inside. No seating in State plus I think the track is still in state it was a few yrs ago when I poked my head in it.
Did they take the seating out of state. I remember sitting there and watching my daughter play about 7 years or so ago. I know I wasnt on the floor.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
You bet the track is still up there - I use it all the time. Best track in town - an old school board track that's easy on the knees and joints.

Reactions: BoxsterCy and NWICY

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
With our coaching staff on the road recruiting (most likely to the Nike National Championships in North Augusta, SC), our WBB team had a good time at Ledges State Park in Boone.

Lexi must be super excited her idol is back in Ames.

E6sNWuqWEAYfwG-

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Congratulations to Izzi Zingaro on making Team Canada's FIBA U19 Women's Basketball World Cup roster.

Izzi will be playing in Hungary from August 7 to 15. All the games can be watched live on Official FIBA YouTube Channel. Team Canada is currently holding a training camp at Spire Institute in Geneva, Ohio from July 22-August 2 before departing for Hungary. In the previous 2017 U19 World Cup, team Canada finished 3rd place (best in team history). They are currently ranked 4th in FIBA U19 rankings.

Melvin Ejim's younger sister Yvonne Ejim (Gonzaga) is also on the roster.

This is the tournament that Leix has previously tried out but didn't make the Team USA's roster (Cailtin Clark made it).

Here's the detailed tournament info.

Last edited:

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Georges Niang's basketball camp opens today at All Iowa Attack Fieldhouse. Thanks to our WBB players for their assistance. What a big crowd!

Last edited:

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
A 2021-2022 season schedule update. ISU is to play the Gulf Coast Showcase Tournament in Florida on Thanksgiving weekend. Upon checking the bracket, ISU is expected to play UCLA in the championship game.

BTW, the tournament location is about 150 miles south of Tampa, where our USF transfer Beatriz Jordão spent the past three years.

Last edited:

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Watching Emily Ryan play last season, especially in the postseason tournaments, I knew she's got IT. Can't wait for her to make a major winning impact on our team in the upcoming season. Our female version of Monte Morris is here.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
A 2021-2022 season schedule update. ISU is to play the Gulf Coast Showcase Tournament in Florida on Thanksgiving weekend. Upon checking the bracket, ISU is expected to play UCLA in the championship game.

BTW, the tournament location is about 150 miles south of Tampa, where our USF transfer Beatriz Jordão spent the past three years.

Bruins will hsve to get by the Jackrabbiits first:)

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Very excited to hear that. The WBB fan base is hungry for the upcoming season. Hilton will be rocking this winter. My prediction is that the attendance will be the highest in the past decade and exceed Bridget's senior season. I'd be shocked if we don't top 10,000 when we play EIU.