WBB: FGC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
What I was laughing about was that person posted that the game was a final at 74-71 though we were still watching it live and it wasn't over....they were jumping the gun to try to impress others and there were still points to be made, ending at 76-71 and then they edited their statement, so they were just dumb....so there! lol

Yes, I realize that two players were out injured, but depth (which is always an issue) will really be one when they play LSU, unfortunately.

Quite the a##hole statement

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
DMR says " with only seven available player " by choice or was their another reason?
I can't find that article, but I suspect they just mis-stated something. We had seven play in the game (although Fred only played around 90 seconds with Ashley in foul trouble late in the half), but I am not aware of Zingaro or Vick being unavailable. Or King for that matter, but I can understand leaving out the walk-on.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Just saw this - SDSU Twitter says only that the game is canceled and the team’s back in action Dec. 4 at UNI.
Following up on this -- per the SDSU message board, it was some sort of medical emergency with the family member of a player. The family member did apparently pass away, but the school is not releasing details.

Lindsey Theuninck did miss the ISU game due to a family issue. Possibly related, possibly not.
EDIT: Her grandfather passed away on Nov 12th and the ISU game was on the 15th, so that is unrelated to the cancelled game. https://www.nujournal.com/obituaries/2021/11/15/james-marvin-anderson-jr/

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: WBBfan15

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Following up on this -- per the SDSU message board, it was some sort of medical emergency with the family member of a player. The family member did apparently pass away, but the school is not releasing details.
It was the father of SDSU freshman Madysen Vlastuin. He was apparently in Florida for the tournament when he unexpectedly passed away from an undiagnosed heart condition.

• Sad
Reactions: acoustimac