WBB: Cyclone vs Sooner Boomers at 7:00 on Fox Regional TV

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Regarding the progression of Lexi. I have had really high hope that she would come in and be the IT girl of the freshman class. I've watched the videos of her battling with Caitlin Clark and Paige Bueckers in high school and I thought she's on the same tier with those two freshman phenoms. Right now I see her become more like Lindell Wigginton type of player rather than Tyrese Haliburton type. I don't want to rush to the conclusion but her basket IQ by eye-test is not as high as those aforementioned players. Can anybody tell me if I should lower my expectation of her becoming the player we all hope for in the foreseeable future?
She’s had some really good moments this year and hopefully people remember she’s only a freshman. I don’t think she’s used to playing without the ball in her hands and she almost seems surprised when she gets the ball and is open. Seems like she’s lost some confidence and hopefully she’s still in a good place mentally after some of these struggles. She’s way too talented to go scoreless in a game. I thought she was about to bounce back after that 17 point game against Texas Tech. As for the Wigginton-Haliburton comparison, that confuses me a bit just because Wigginton showed more ability to take over a game and win it for us than Haliburton did. Pro wise, obviously Haliburton is way better but Wigginton was a very good college player. Iowa State definitely needs Donarski to find some confidence and start playing well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron