WBB @ Baylor 1/23 Game Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Their crowd IS very good. They don't know basketball. But they yell at everything all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: StClone

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Gotta go get some work done. Listening to the rest on the radio. At least I don't have to listen to the Bear's sisters anymore.

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Laughing at these biased announcing posts. If you want to be talked about play better basketball. Debbie is one of wbb top talents.

They are terrible at doing m g their #1 job. Calling the game. Whistles blow ball goes other direction, no explanation of what happened. They know all their history, know the players, know the coaches and talk about them endlessly. Their own history. They are terrible

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
@geewago, Congrats buddy never thought we would get rolled like this. Yeah I know I'm calling it with 7 minutes left but that's life.

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
New coach to dislike. Baylor up by 30 and keeps some of their starters in until the end.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
This was going to be a tough week. We all knew that. It didn't help with having players, then not having players and not knowing how to plan. But it is done and over and you have to move on to the next and we as fans need to be there to support these ladies. I have no doubt that they will learn from this and be ready for the next.

P.S. Baylor was hitting ridiculous shots today, not that they weren't wide open, but we played the percentages and got burned. I doubt that will happen in Ames and our crowd will be a factor like theirs was today. I watched a lot of the OU/KSU game. OU tried to do to Lee what we did, however our bigs were better at defending and not fouling so heavily, Our shooting and guards gave us a lift in that game and I have all the confidence that they will again.

Reactions: NWICY

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
This was going to be a tough week. We all knew that. It didn't help with having players, then not having players and not knowing how to plan. But it is done and over and you have to move on to the next and we as fans need to be there to support these ladies. I have no doubt that they will learn from this and be ready for the next.

P.S. Baylor was hitting ridiculous shots today, not that they weren't wide open, but we played the percentages and got burned. I doubt that will happen in Ames and our crowd will be a factor like theirs was today. I watched a lot of the OU/KSU game. OU tried to do to Lee what we did, however our bigs were better at defending and not fouling so heavily, Our shooting and guards gave us a lift in that game and I have all the confidence that they will again.

the big thing is we have to play defense and as you mention…Baylor had way too many wide open shots. We were slow to adjust throughout the part I watched.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Sped through the game just now. Clearly guarding people especially from deep is appearing to be an option for this team. Poor shooting and horrible defense gets you beat bad. Woof should have deleted.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Just a thought. How about technicals for players complaining about getting a foul called on you? Baylor up 30 and every call they’re complaining just like Texas.