WBB @ Baylor 1/23 Game Thread

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I think Baylor only has 8 or 9 players on their roster so unfortunately she had little options on who to put on the floor at the end of the game.
New coach to dislike. Baylor up by 30 and keeps some of their starters in until the end.
BU only has 8 scholarship players at this time. One has a minor injury and hasn't played the last two games. This leaves only 7 players to choose from. So regardless of how you want to spin it no matter what combination of players the coach puts on the floor there will always be at least 3 starters.

Years ago when Deb Patterson was coach at KSU she got down to 6 players one year. Her bench was 1 !!. During that time I made the statement several times that you sure couldn't accuse her of leaving her starters in because no matter who she put out there 4 of them were starters. The situation was basically the same here today. And toward the end Jaden Owens injured a finger and then it was down to 6.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and fcclone

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
BU only has 8 scholarship players at this time. One has a minor injury and hasn't played the last two games. This leaves only 7 players to choose from. So regardless of how you want to spin it no matter what combination of players the coach puts on the floor there will always be at least 3 starters.

Years ago when Deb Patterson was coach at KSU she got down to 6 players one year. Her bench was 1 !!. During that time I made the statement several times that you sure couldn't accuse her of leaving her starters in because no matter who she put out there 4 of them were starters. The situation was basically the same here today. And toward the end Jaden Owens injured a finger and then it was down to 6.

Baylor could have put in the ball kids and it wouldn’t have made this one look any better.

Reactions: geewago

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

You mentioned scholarship players, they don’t have any walk-ons? Seems like every team has at least 1-2 for practice and this type of situation.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
You mentioned scholarship players, they don’t have any walk-ons? Seems like every team has at least 1-2 for practice and this type of situation.
Yes they have one walk on and she was added just a few weeks ago. She was a decent player in HS up in the north east somewhere but didn't have scholarship offers at any major schools. Not long after adding her Kamari Mcdaniel left. She was a transfer out of Penn ST and averaged 20 points a game but came here and got hurt. She had to sit out last year and started with a brace on this year but was never the same. The injury flat killed her confidence. I think she averaged around 2 point a game here.