***WBB: CYCLONE 2023 Recruiting Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Halle Vice, whom I had already moved to "Formerly on the list", verballed Marquette this morning.
I don't follow Marquette and saw earlier MU had a decent, not great, class and transfers for 2022. They did play in the WNIT and won a few and won over 20 games this season. Whether Halle Vice is going to be on an ascendant team, I couldn't say.

She was a nice recruit but the State of Iowa has many great players and the four state WBB bigs could have made a bigger play for Vice. Good to see she found a nice school with a competitive program.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The last gal hoops player I remember doing shot put and discus was the Gophers Liz Podominick, she just missed making the 2012 Olympic team. I seem to remember us recruiting her back in the day. She gave up her final year of hoops to concentrate on track & field. She held the Mn record at 52' till some gal chucked it 54'.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Bristow and Brown play on the same AAU team (TeamLexNation). That should help them as freshman.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Just saw this. Ava Jones (shown on Mred's list as an ASU commit but actually committed to Iowa) was involved in a car pedestrian accident.

I am coincidentally in Louisville right now (vacation, unrelated to basketball) and saw this news while looking at the website of the local paper. Horrible news.

Jones verballed ASU last year, then decommitted at some point and verballed Iowa this past Sunday.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
  • Sad
Reactions: Acylum