***WBB: CYCLONE 2023 Recruiting Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
My original post had Audi as a 6'1" post. That seemed undersized to be getting high-major offers this early, but it appears she is now 6'3". I've updated the OP.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I will go with a tall 6’ 1”. She is definitely a project in the waiting.

Below are her highlights from the state tournament. She doesn't look like a freshman at all, and it's clear she is much better than the 1A-level competition she's facing. She seems to have very good hands (mentioned multiple times by the analysts) and a nose for getting the ball in the basket.

My questions, keeping in mind this video is literally the only thing I've seen of her;

* How is her defense? Not many defensive highlights shown. She did have 86 blocks in 27 games, but is that good shot-blocking or just being taller than the opposition?
* Can she make shots outside the paint? She attempted no threes on the year, and she's only about 60% on FT.
* Her size is an asset when it comes to posting up and finishing through contact. Does it affect her stamina and overall athleticism? If not, she could be someone like Courtney Paris or Danielle Adams (obviously best case scenarios).
* How is she against players her own height? She probably gets very little of that in 1A basketball. She plays AAU, so coaches do have an answer to this.

She was 1A player of the year as a freshman, and I'm looking forward to seeing what she does the next three years, even if she ends up going elsewhere.

Last edited:

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Mred mentioned Danielle Adams as a potential comp. I can see it to a certain extent. Adams played at my son's high school, so I had the privelege to watch her for three years there. She did not play varsity as a freshman. I dont think she grew above her 6'1" height after her soph year. With her big body and long arms she could play much bigger. She was also a very good ball handler with a soft touch. Often brought the ball up court. While she could get by in high school and even juco, her conditioning caught up with her as a junior at aTm. Got it together for her senior year though..

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Below are her highlights from the state tournament. She doesn't look like a freshman at all, and it's clear she is much better than the 1A-level competition she's facing. She seems to have very good hands (mentioned multiple times by the analysts) and a nose for getting the ball in the basket.

My questions, keeping in mind this video is literally the only thing I've seen of her;

* How is her defense? Not many defensive highlights shown. She did have 86 blocks in 27 games, but is that good shot-blocking or just being taller than the opposition?
* Can she make shots outside the paint? She attempted no threes on the year, and she's only about 60% on FT.
* Her size is an asset when it comes to posting up and finishing through contact. Does it affect her stamina and overall athleticism? If not, she could be someone like Courtney Paris or Danielle Adams (obviously best case scenarios).
* How is she against players her own height? She probably gets very little of that in 1A basketball. She plays AAU, so coaches do have an answer to this.

She was 1A player of the year as a freshman, and I'm looking forward to seeing what she does the next three years, even if she ends up going elsewhere.

Hopefully she can shore up that free throw shooting, lots of opportunities for free throws playing in the paint in the B12.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Billy Fennelly tweeted a couple of days ago that he had a very good day on the phone in recruiting. Said he had to recharge the phone a couple of times. Maybe that's when they offered Crooks, among other calls.

Reactions: NWICY