Way too early football predictions?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Now that Summer Dead Period -- that dreaded long wait between the end of the basketball season an the first football game -- is upon us, any predictions about football? Will we make a bowl game? How good will whoever steps up at QB be?

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
Now that Summer Dead Period -- that dreaded long wait between the end of the basketball season an the first football game -- is upon us, any predictions about football?
HC Ferentz will continue to be HC until the Hawks are having a good year, at which point he'll step aside "for health reasons", and his employee named Barta will appoint his employee named Little Ferentz to be Interim HC while he does a nationwide search. After 20 minutes of searching the nation on YouTube it will be blatantly obvious that the best candidate is already on the staff and Little Ferentz will assume the throne on a permanent basis. And after another outstanding 7-5 season Little Ferentz will be given a contract with a $75 million buyout to ensure that nobody will steal Little Ferentz away.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
HC Ferentz will continue to be HC until the Hawks are having a good year, at which point he'll step aside "for health reasons", and his employee named Barta will appoint his employee named Little Ferentz to be Interim HC while he does a nationwide search. After 20 minutes of searching the nation on YouTube it will be blatantly obvious that the best candidate is already on the staff and Little Ferentz will assume the throne on a permanent basis. And after another outstanding 7-5 season Little Ferentz will be given a contract with a $75 million buyout to ensure that nobody will steal Little Ferentz away.
8F701942-C16F-4FAA-8762-8458C4BD760C.jpeg

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
5-7 including a loss to Iowa. CMC has built this program up nicely, but we lost a lot and I'm not convinced we are to the point where we are a bowl team in a rebuilding year. Prove me wrong Cyclones!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Im going 7-5.

We weren’t as good as people thought going into last year, and we’ll be better than people expect this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing which players ascend and finding out how well the foundation is set for the program instead of what I thought was kind of a plateau last season.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
5-7 including a loss to Iowa. CMC has built this program up nicely, but we lost a lot and I'm not convinced we are to the point where we are a bowl team in a rebuilding year. Prove me wrong Cyclones!
I tend to agree with this.
I see 2 sure wins, 4 sure losses and 6 toss up games. That lands me on 5-7, assuming we split the toss up games. If we pull an upset maybe. 6-6, and a minor bowl. Hope I am wrong. Remember we were 7-5 last year. Hard for me to believe we will be better.

Note : edited as it was pointed out that I made an error in adding up the games. Prediction still stands 5/7, with a shot at 6/6

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Aclone

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I hate sounding like a broken record as we head into a new season, but it's all about the O line and D line. Tell me how good they will be and I'll tell you what our record will be.

That said, I'll be shocked if we don't exceed the outsider expectations. Matt and his coaches thrive in this type of situation.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I tend to agree with this.
I see 2 sure wins, 5 sure losses and 6 toss up games. That lands me on 5-7, assuming we split the toss up games. If we pull an upset maybe. 6-6, and a minor bowl. Hope I am wrong. Remember we were 7-5 last year. Hard for me to believe we will be better.
1. That’s too many games
2. There are not 5 sure losses on that schedule.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: wgleason and Aclone

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Dekkers is the real deal. Don’t want to put too high of expectations, but from a pure talent standpoint, I’ve heard he’ll be the best QB we’ve had in awhile.

Should Win:
Southeast Missouri
Ohio
Kansas

Toss up:
Iowa
Baylor
Kansas State
West Virginia
Texas Tech
TCU

Losses: