Way to Early 2021 Big 12 Picks

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
I think you guys are underestimating K-State a little bit. They’re not going to be a top team, but they’ll be way improved with Skylar Thompson back. Their biggest problem this year was that Will Howard can’t throw to save his life.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
1. OU - best
2. OSU - talent and coaching
3. UT - talent
4. Baylor - offense improves enough to help defense
5. WVU - similar to baylor
6. ISU - bright lights too bright
7. TCU - at least better than bottom 3
8. KSU
9. TTU
10. Kansas

I think 3-6 are all going to be close.

8c3.jpg

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
OU will be losing their most veteran wide receiver in Rambo to the transfer portal. Not much of a big deal due to the talent they bring in year in and year out.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
OU's bowl win was more impressive but they did not outplay Iowa State in 10 Big 12 games. It was a virtual draw. You could argue if a loss to KSU or a loss to OkSt is worse...and that actually plays in ISU's favor.

I know we lose a few great players but we get back some of our all time greats on both sides of the ball. We also didn't have a great player for a 1/2 against OU. I'm not familiar with their losses, I'm sure they're getting another batch of 5*s in.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
1. OU - best
3. UT - talent
8. KSU
9. TTU
10. Kansas

Run along to your raping and murdering.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Help me understand this?

I don't get Rambo leaving. If you are a QB or a WR I would think you would die to play for Lincoln. He is damn good, and you know you will see the ball. Who knows. Hope he find a happy place and continues to grow.

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
I bet Rambo ends up at Alabama. They may need a veteran wide receiver to fill in as they lose Smith and Waddle and may need a go to guy until one of their younger players can be the go to guy later on.

• Haha
Reactions: Aclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
1. OU - best
3. UT - talent
8. KSU
9. TTU
10. Kansas

What's it like living in La La Land?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't get Rambo leaving. If you are a QB or a WR I would think you would die to play for Lincoln. He is damn good, and you know you will see the ball. Who knows. Hope he find a happy place and continues to grow.

Seems like best case scenario is equal to playing another year at OU.

Maybe he just isn't happy there for some non-football reason.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

Marvin Mins - 37 receptions, 610 yards, 9 TD
Theo Wease - 37 receptions, 530 yards, 4 TD
Charleson Rambo - 25 receptions, 312 yards, 3 TD

credit: aj

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
OU's bowl win was more impressive but they did not outplay Iowa State in 10 Big 12 games. It was a virtual draw. You could argue if a loss to KSU or a loss to OkSt is worse...and that actually plays in ISU's favor.
This is one of the most incoherent posts I've ever tried to unsort here. Can anyone help me understand what this fellow is attempting to say?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
This is one of the most incoherent posts I've ever tried to unsort here. Can anyone help me understand what this fellow is attempting to say?
They’re saying that’s you can argue whether OU losing to KState or ISU losing to OSU was a worse loss—but OSU wound up being the higher ranked team, so ISU comes out ahead in that argument.

Basically that on the conference season, ISU and OU came out even.

(Which isn’t true, since ISU came out a game ahead)

• Useful
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
They’re saying that’s you can argue whether OU losing to KState or ISU losing to OSU was a worse loss—but OSU wound up being the higher ranked team, so ISU comes out ahead in that argument.

Basically that on the conference season, ISU and OU came out even.

(Which isn’t true, since ISU came out a game ahead)

That's a weird way of trying to make nonsense of ISU finishing 8-1 and the regular-season champion. OU's at 6-2 finished in second-place after Cy beat the Sooners in their head-to-head meeting. This is not news. I still don't get what point the poster was trying to make. Perhaps minimize the championship game? But let's drop it here, as it's not worthy of additional bandwidth. Sorry, I took exception.

Last edited: