WATCH: Tang, Wildcat players postgame ... Iowa State 80, K-State 76

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I look at the players actions/reactions to situations on the floor as a reflection of the coach. I will take TJ.
I noticed that as well. Goodness, when adversity hit did anyone else notice their players argue and bicker with each other? Maybe I take Iowa State's togetherness for granted. Kstate would get beat or foul and the other 4 start chirping at the guy and blaming. As the losses start to mount those arguments will start to add up and take a toll.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I noticed that as well. Goodness, when adversity hit did anyone else notice their players argue and bicker with each other? Maybe I take Iowa State's togetherness for granted. Kstate would get beat or foul and the other 4 start chirping at the guy and blaming. As the losses start to mount those arguments will start to add up and take a toll.
A lot of New York City on this Wildcat team.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone and matt

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
His sideline antics are annoying and attention seeking, but his coaching and post game comments are impressive and humble.
Agreed, can't believe they didn't at least issue a bench warning or something when he was litterally at the half court line and they had to stop and ask him to move back. Was not the first time he got that far out on the court either. There are times I wish the refs would enforce that more because there are certain coaches like Bill Self that are just allowed to keep going past where they are allowed to be or step out on the court while play is going on

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Being faith-based is annoying to you? BTW, what were the ISU chants last night?
His cheesiness and over the top demeanor is what is annoying. Look, it seems you have a good coach, but the taking the mic after beating KU as a mini pep rally thing, asking the fans not to chant F KU, which by the way forever and always F KU, and others is what is annoying.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
His cheesiness and over the top demeanor is what is annoying. Look, it seems you have a good coach, but the taking the mic after beating KU as a mini pep rally thing, asking the fans not to chant F KU, which by the way forever and always F KU, and others is what is annoying.
I think he seems like a good dude and probably is right for Manhattan.

I'll just say it, i do think KSU has a STRONG little bro complex with KU...they chant that stuff at ANY game, not just vs KU. I think Tang has basically said "let's not be that" I know he had to intervene with the FB student section for the same reason.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones7 and 0u812

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
At least get your facts straight. He never asked the fans to stop the F'Ku chant after that win over Ku, when he spoke from the table top. He told them no more court storms, expect to win.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
His sideline antics are annoying and attention seeking, but his coaching and post game comments are impressive and humble.

But to be fair, he did what their fan base wanted/needed. He did the whole "engage with students" thing, making himself available, etc. I'd guess a lot of first time head coaches would do that as there are a lot of moving parts. Like coaches bringing pizza to our students in line, etc.

Reactions: SimpsonClone

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Beloved in Manhattan for his faith-based approach to life and hoops.
That works until it doesnt.

if it is truly authentic then great..but also can get sideways when things are not great.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
He’s interesting to listen to. Fairly insightful for a press conference.

I hope he doesn’t go to Texas. That job is a career killer.

I hope he does and think it'd be negligence by UT to not have him as a top 3 candidate

• Agree
Reactions: 20eyes

Help Support Us

Become a patron