Washington's Lorenzo Romar on TJ Otzelberger's Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYdways432

Jan 22, 2015
Cedar Rapids
I'm really disappointed in myself for reading this whole thing so far. Can we turn it into a TwoCoach thread about how
"Bill Self is bolting for OKC?"

Sorry in advance :eek:

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Marty & Miller: first and last time I'll watch this s***. Came right out and lied about the quote saying it said "in a matter of WEEKS" vs "months." Just ignorant or trying to undermine the program with recruits?

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Can't believe it, but you've outdone yourself CF. Well done.

Agreed....
Just catching up....but wow guys.....some of you really have derailed.

get a girlfriend or a hobby....there are a lot of sad paranoid posts in here.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
But look at these factors and it just seems to make no sense why TJ came back:

-Iowa isn't close to his roots in Wisconsin
-He didn't spend 6 or 7 years of his life in Ames so he has no idea what life is like there
-His wife has no connection to Ames or ISU
-He's never been successful at ISU
-He and Fred have ZERO prior history together
-We're not going to be very good next year
-He's not making very good money
-This program isn't rising or back

So with that said it all adds up that Fred is leaving and TJ is the next coach, that is the ONLY thing I can think of that would draw him here, he probably already has the guarantee and Fred is just sticking around next year to keep up appearances. TJ will probably be doing most of the head coaching duties to get ready for the transition I would assume.

1. [h=3]en·cour·ag·ing/enˈkərijiNG/
    [/h]
    adjective

1. giving someone support or confidence; supportive.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is there any chance that Romar was talking about the fact that in a couple months that ISU will be a dominant team in the Big12 and TJ would be part of it, which is why he wanted to leave to be part of a considerably better team???

I'm not sure if ISU will be what people are expecting, but yeah, the comments could be played in that direction. 'A few months' could mean 5-6, which is the fall.

Fred leaving for something like the NBA lifestyle after recovering from open heart surgery?

Makes sense.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
But look at these factors and it just seems to make no sense why TJ came back:

-Iowa isn't close to his roots in Wisconsin
-He didn't spend 6 or 7 years of his life in Ames so he has no idea what life is like there
-His wife has no connection to Ames or ISU
-He's never been successful at ISU
-He and Fred have ZERO prior history together
-We're not going to be very good next year
-He's not making very good money
-This program isn't rising or back

So with that said it all adds up that Fred is leaving and TJ is the next coach, that is the ONLY thing I can think of that would draw him here, he probably already has the guarantee and Fred is just sticking around next year to keep up appearances. TJ will probably be doing most of the head coaching duties to get ready for the transition I would assume.

You forgot to add that Fred likes to smoke on the sidelines, so TJ doing most of the coaching helps with that.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
I just stumbled on this thread. So Pollard in his condition - AND NOT WORKING - has interviewed and agreed to make TJ the head coach. AFTER vetting and doing an exhaustive head coaching search - WHILE NOT WORKING - only to determine TJ would replace Fred. WHO, will have his best team to date next year and compete for titles, but has decided to take an NBA job. I can see why a bunch of people are losing their minds.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I just stumbled on this thread. So Pollard in his condition - AND NOT WORKING - has interviewed and agreed to make TJ the head coach. AFTER vetting and doing an exhaustive head coaching search - WHILE NOT WORKING - only to determine TJ would replace Fred. WHO, will have his best team to date next year and compete for titles, but has decided to take an NBA job. I can see why a bunch of people are losing their minds.

i don't think that at all. I think pollard has known for several years TJ is his guy and TJ knows that.

The job came open and TJ either knew or thinks Fred will not be around, so he agreed to come back rather than even interviewing for the head coaching jobs that he allegedly left Iowa state to get.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
i don't think that at all. I think pollard has known for several years TJ is his guy and TJ knows that.

The job came open and TJ either knew or thinks Fred will not be around, so he agreed to come back rather than even interviewing for the head coaching jobs that he allegedly left Iowa state to get.

This keeps you awake at night doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.