Walters' calls from Saturday

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Does any have any audio of these? It would be awesome to see a highlight video with John and Eric calling it.

On a related note, I know that Cyclone Replay is no longer on a regular slot. Will this game be getting shown on that? Just want to hear our guys calling it.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I watched the Paul Rhoads show, and had fun hearing Walters'/Heft's calls of the highlights.

Check to see...they rerun those a lot.

Zastr6

Nov 17, 2009
Grimes
Cyclone express is on today at 4:00 on mediacom connections channel. It is condensed to one hour and has John Walters calling it.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I was in a Tractor for the majority of the game. Did anyone hear him say something like " 75 yard punt downed at the 1 yard line!!!!" "Oh wait, they are marking it at the 2 yard line, a 74 yard punt, he didnt quite get a hold of all of that one"

I remember laughig out loud at that. One of my favorite calls ever.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I was in a Tractor for the majority of the game. Did anyone hear him say something like " 75 yard punt downed at the 1 yard line!!!!" "Oh wait, they are marking it at the 2 yard line, a 74 yard punt, he didnt quite get a hold of all of that one"

Ha...that's awesome.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Does any have any audio of these? It would be awesome to see a highlight video with John and Eric calling it.

On a related note, I know that Cyclone Replay is no longer on a regular slot. Will this game be getting shown on that? Just want to hear our guys calling it.
Here you go:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1VolBi6hRs&feature=sub]YouTube - Iowa State vs. Texas Highlights With Cyclone Radio Network Commentary[/ame]

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
i like hearing eric heft's input to. I wish my TV matched up with the radio... then I could put the TV on mute.

fwiw

May 20, 2009
At the end of the 1st half Bruns interviewed CPR, and when they were done Walters said, "Coach is wound tighter than a cheap watch!"

Couldn't stop laughing.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
You'd think they'd put the radio on a similar delay as the tv for this purpose.
Problem is that different providers have the signal coming through at different times.
Watching game over the air will get you very close to being timed up with the radio.
Cable will be a little later but not much
Dish is way behind.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa

Haha, yes I remember this exact call! I couldn't stop laughing when he said "a 74 yard punt, he didn't quite get a hold of all of that one" Gotta love his humor during his calls

CYinPA

Oct 18, 2010
CloneZone has the replay up with Eric and John. The game replays alone make CloneZone worth it.

Colossus

Jan 16, 2010
all you have to do is dvr the game, then run it with the radio. It works great.
yeah, so how is your tv ahead of the radio. I've listened to the radio at the game and it is in perfect sync live, real time. Are you listening online?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron