Walking Taco Outrage

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I enjoy a delicious walking taco just as much as the next guy but has anybody else recognized that the price has gone up several dollars over the last couple of years and the actual serving size of the walking taco has gotten smaller? Im writing a letter to Pollard!

Back to the OP. Is it true? I haven't bought one this year. What is the price? And has the serving size gotten smaller? This is serious.

Reactions: cykocy

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
Iowa claims the walking taco?

My understanding is that it all started with Frito pie. Iowa did Iowa things and essentially created the walking taco.

Frito pie: fritos and chili
Walking taco: Doritos and taco meat

cykocy

Dec 22, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Back to the OP. Is it true? I haven't bought one this year. What is the price? And has the serving size gotten smaller? This is serious.

Thanks for getting us back on track. 7 dollars now and Im not sure at what point they started using the smaller bags of Doritos to make them. Boycott time!

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Thanks for getting us back on track. 7 dollars now and Im not sure at what point they started using the smaller bags of Doritos to make them. Boycott time!
Maybe it’s a supply and demand issue. There is just not enough corn in Iowa to keep the prices of corn chips down. :rolleyes:

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
frito-tacos.jpg
This is a frito pie...not a walking taco...and yes, there is a difference!

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
I enjoy a delicious walking taco just as much as the next guy but has anybody else recognized that the price has gone up several dollars over the last couple of years and the actual serving size of the walking taco has gotten smaller? Im writing a letter to Pollard!

I'd agree with the price likely going up. However, I disagree on the serving size - I'd say the same, definitely not smaller.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

$7 for a 39 cent bag of Doritos with a thimble full of salted ground chuck?

I remember when a Hershey bar was a nickel. A NICKEL!

Did you know the 100 Grand used to be the Hundred thousand dollar bar?

They're ALL Twix!

Reactions: Acylum

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
you've obviously never been poor enough then.

Poor people don't have Velveeta. It's like $10-15 a box depending on the grocery store. You can get off brand real cheddar cheese for that.

Now, if you said gov't provided processed cheese food in the white box, that, I will agree with you, that poor people know, but brand name Velveeta, no.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
$7 for a 39 cent bag of Doritos with a thimble full of salted ground chuck?

I remember when a Hershey bar was a nickel. A NICKEL!

Did you know the 100 Grand used to be the Hundred thousand dollar bar?

They're ALL Twix!

I just said the same thing to my wife this weekend. $1.79 for a candy bar that's half the size of what we used to pay a nickel for. They can't fit "Hundred Thousand" on the wrapper, and had to change it to Grand. It'll be 100 K by the time our grand-kids grow up.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
velveeta.jpg
Poor people don't have Velveeta. It's like $10-15 a box depending on the grocery store. You can get off brand real cheddar cheese for that.

Now, if you said gov't provided processed cheese food in the white box, that, I will agree with you, that poor people know, but brand name Velveeta, no.

you need to go to a different grocery store.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Where the f*** are you buying $15 Velveeta? And why would anyone be stupid enough to pay that much?

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Concessions in general in Hilton suck right now. Not much variety especially now compared to all the new options we had at Jack Trice this year and a walking taco and bottle of pop is going to run you $12.50 this year while you definitely are not getting short changed with the monstrous Clone Cones for $5. Anymore I put a pop in my coat pocket before I leave for a game because $4.50 is ridiculously marked up for a 20oz bottle.

I wish they had some more options like even a burger or decent sandwich basket with fries I could justify paying a little for but mostly if you want anything filling you better eat beforehand or sneak some food in because you're going to overpay for a hot dog, nachos, or walking taco that leave you still hungry. Before they built Johnny's Hy-Vee had concession in that place with big pizza slices and deli sandwiches that were affordable and filling, miss having that option.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Fritos are superior walking taco chips.
Well, you're from Cincinnati, so I'm sure you also think that stuff on top of the spaghetti is actual chili too. ;)

Edit: well, crap. I opened this thread four hours too late. About four posts down from yours, someone already mentioned the Skyline abomination. Because it is an abomination. (And I'm a Reds fan too!)

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I believe $7 is a fair price when you consider the location and prices of your other choices. Boring and not funny, but on topic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron